23. I Dare You!

Dare You!

Lawrence's POV

(at Moore Estate, Mon, July 31, 2023, 09:00)

When we exited the elevator, Axel walked hurriedly towards his office.

'My God, this man. I have never seen him so excited and nervous at the same time.'

I thought to myself. I felt like laughing because, since childhood, this was the first time I would see this side of him again. And it's because of Ava. He's in front of his door now, shaking his hands and breathing heavily. My God. He's really something. I shook my head in amusement.

He opened the door, and he stopped, eyes wide open. I reached him, and, well, yeah, I understood why he stopped. Ava was there standing, smiling at him. She looks a little different. Ah! Her hair. She braided her hair. Then my eyes snapped at Axel's head. Okay. Yesterday, they had matching shoe colors; now, they have matching hairstyles.

'Amazing'

I thought. She's gorgeous. Okay. Wait. Yes, I liked her the first time I saw her, but it wasn't like how Axel feels for her now. I thought I saw her as a woman, but then I realized I just liked her because she's not like the other women who hovered around us. She dresses simply, and without even trying hard, she would look sophisticated. Plus, no makeup on and no jewelry. Now, she looked more beautiful with her hair done like that. And she has become my standard. If I ever have someone, I would like it to be like her. Simple and obviously, not a slutty gold digger.

Okay. Axel's sudden movement broke my trance, and just imagine the surprise on my face when he suddenly grabbed Ava's face and kissed her. Not the French kiss, okay? Axel just pressed his lips on hers, and Ava seemed surprised about it but didn't do anything to stop him, so I was sure it wasn't the first time.

"Oh, WOW!"

I couldn't help but say it, and the two seemed unbothered, so I just went inside to drop the files I had been holding since we left the mansion. When I turned around, they already stopped kissing. Correction! Axel had already stopped kissing Ava. They were just staring at each other now, with Axel still holding her face.

"Ahem"

I said, and they broke their stare and looked at me. Ava with a shy look and Axel with a "WHAT-THE-FUCK-DO-YOU-WANT look.

"Are you done? Time to work."

I just said, laughing at them. Shaking my head, I headed to the couch near Ava's "new space" inside the office. I heard Axell groan, and I just ignored him. Then, he went to his table.

"Good morning, Lawrence."

I heard Ava say. She was blushing! Haha, this silly girl. She's so cute I decided to tease her.

"It's a good morning, indeed."

I said, looked and smirked at her, and she blushed again! Oh my, this sweet, innocent girl. Well, her innocence will soon be gone, though.

"Oh my God."

She mumbled, but it reached my ear. I chuckled at her reaction. She headed to her table and then sat on her chair. I shook my head, stood up, and approached her.

"Ava, you will be Axel's escort tonight. You already know about the dinner meeting. You will need to dress up. Do you have a dress to wear?"

I asked her.

"No, not for a dinner meeting. Can't I just wear this?"

She said.

"No, Ava. It's a dinner meeting with a potential investor, and he's bringing his wife. I will be there, too, but you must change."