60. Date For Tonight

Date For Tonight

Author's POV

(on the way to Christopher's mansion, Sun, December 24, 2023, 23:40 )

"Am I a rebound?"

Emery asked as she looked at him intently. Christopher had seen this coming, mainly after Ava talked to him. Still, that question with the "rebound" word hurt him.

"Emery, you're not a rebound. I already had gotten over Ava even before knowing you. I'm so sorry I made you feel that way. I admit that all my plans involved Ava, even with adopting Zayn. But those were all in the past. When I learned about Ava's relationship with Axel and Lawrence, I moved on sincerely.

Even before I met you, I had already moved on. I genuinely love you, Emery. I would still care for Ava, but that's all. She has become a sister to me, Emery, but you are the one I love. I promise never to hurt you and break your heart, my love. Please believe me." _Christopher.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to doubt you. I just got scared that I might lose you. I love you so much, Chris." _Emery.

"I love you, too, so much. I don't want you to think less of yourself, okay? You're the only one I love. Ava loves you, too, Emery. And if I ever hurt you, which I wouldn't do, she will be the first one to break my bones. You don't know how many times she had threatened me." _Christopher.

Emery chuckled, wiping the unshed tears from her eyes. She reached for a button on the side and pressed it, and then the barrier closed, sealing them away from the driver and the bodyguard. She moved to straddle Christopher, and she leaned to his ears.

"Show me how much you love me, Chris." _Emery.

Christopher didn't waste a second and immediately flipped Emery to her back on the seat.

"You really shouldn't be daring a beast, Emery."

"And why is th ..."

Emery did not finish as Christopher devoured her mouth.

***

(on the way to Axel's and Lawrence's mansion)

Meanwhile, Ava was silently smiling in the car. Axel and Lawrence were amused looking at her.

"I hope we're the reason for that smile on your face, Angel."

"Well, of course. You're one of them."

"One of them? Are you thinking of other guys, Baby?"

"Yes."

Axel and Lawrence got alarmed hearing that. Leo and King widened their eyes.

"Are you serious, Angel?"

Ava laughed at their concerned looks. She was definitely thinking of other men but not the way they were thinking about.

"Honey, Babe. I was thinking of Chris, Alex and Xavier. And the girls, too."

Ava said, earning a relieved sigh from her boyfriends, driver, and bodyguard.

"Oh, God, You made us worry, Baby."

"I was just so happy today. I never thought I would be celebrating Christmas this way. I got used to waiting for Chris and his company to host the event, and to be honest, it was all fun, but today was different. It's my first time celebrating with the loves of my life and my friends, and I'm pregnant."