6. Preparation

Author's POV

Hours passed, both Axel and Ava prepared for the meeting.

Ava chose to wear a black pantsuit, white spaghetti strapped top tucked in, and covered with a black blazer. She also wore the only pair of black-heeled pointed shoes.

She let her red, wavy hair loose; Her waist-long hair is one of her most beautiful assets. It's naturally red, wavy, shiny, and smooth. Again, she didn't put any makeup on—just another set of eyeliner and lip balm to keep her pink lips moist.

Meanwhile, Axel wore gray dress pants, a white shirt, and a matching gray suit. He pulled his shoulder-length hair into a neat, clean bun, showing his undercut. He had neatly shaved and shaped his beard to enhance his exquisite looks.

All is well, and they are both ready for the interview soon.

Ava is anxious. Axel is calm but can't help being curious.

Ava's POV

Oh gosh. My hands are cold. I feel so tensed but excited at the same time. This interview is my first. I hope to get the job, though the pay sounds plausible. What kind of work will I be doing if I get the job to have that kind of pay? But, God, I hope I get the job. I will be able to live more comfortably, and at the same time, I will be able to give something back to the orphanage.

Ugh! I feel like screaming. Okay, I can do this. I need to be myself and be confident.

It's still an hour before the time of the interview. I need to take off now to avoid getting late.

Feeling better now, I took my purse with me, making sure to bring my phone.

Oh gosh! The phone! I said I would call Christopher at lunchtime but had forgotten about it. I got so jammed up with my preparation for this interview. I hope Christopher will understand I have yet to call. I will call him later after the interview.

Finally, I walked out of my unit, went straight to the elevator, and pushed the button. I waited for only a few minutes before the doors opened. I got in and pressed the L button. I exited the elevator and walked to the entrance to the lobby. I stood for a while before I spotted a cab. I hailed it; then it stopped in front of me. I got in and gave the driver the company's name, and then the driver drove off.

Axel's POV

I can't help but become more curious. I am looking for another person to replace Riva. I only want to see someone who would be as good as Riva at work, if not better.

Lawrence has already told me more about the girl, based on the information she sent through her application and his little digging.

I already know she can speak three other languages. But there's this tingling feeling like something will happen that will affect me. It's so funny even to say this, but I'm feeling some butterflies in my stomach.

Oh my God! What's happening to me?

I haven't felt this way before. Why am I getting curious and excited? EXCITED? Why would I feel excited?

Ugh!! Fuck! My hands are getting cold. What the fucking hell is wrong with me? For Pete's sake, I will only interview an applicant today!

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of my door opening. Well, I will thank whoever it is because it diverted my thoughts.

I looked at Lawrence, and he was already eyeing me.

"What's wrong with you?" he asked concernedly.

Sometimes, I hate that Lawrence knows me well.

"Nothing, why?" I lied.

"That's not nothing, brother. What are you thinking about?" he insisted. Gosh, I want to smack him right now.

"Let's go now so we can finish early." I dismissed his inquisitiveness and walked past him to the door.

He was still staring at me. I know he doesn't believe me, but I don't care now. He just kept silent and walked behind me. We walked out of the mansion together. I see Leo and King outside, standing close to my black Bentley Flying Spur.

Yeah, I love black. Don't ask why.

Leo will be driving the car today, along with King. So Lawrence will be sitting next to me in the back. We got in the car, and then Leo went off, followed by three more cars behind with my men in them.