57. Take A Picture!

Take A Picture!

Author's POV

(at the Angels' Orphanage, Thurs, December 21, 2023, 10:00)

Days after Mama Mina's burial, they talked about the charity event. All Mafia men contributed to it, making Christopher and Ava so happy. They also agreed to participate in the games as they always did in the previous years. Everyone was game.

Christopher and Ava also visited the orphanage to discuss the event with Ma Rosa and Ma Linda. They brought Emery, Axel, and Lawrence, and the others. When the caretakers saw the three new people with Christopher and Ava, they weren't surprised anymore.

Though Christopher and Ava hadn't told them yet, Ma Rosa and Ma Linda knew about Ava's relationship with Axel and Lawrence and Christopher's with Emery. They were famous Mafia businessmen and talks travel fast. They also had seen all the news about them on TV.

Ma Rosa and Ma Linda were disappointed that Christopher and Ava didn't end up together. Still, Christopher and Ava talked to them and made them understand what happened. They accepted the fact and welcomed Emery, Axel, and Lawrence. They also announced Ava's pregnancy, which surprised and joyed everyone.

Part of their visit was to inform them of the plan. Everyone will be participating in the games, and they need to form groups of four. Each group should be composed of kids and teens, both boys and girls. To make it fair, they had them draw lots.

After forming the groups, the Mafia Five drew lots as well. Since Axel and Lawrence were one team, Christopher, Alexander, and Xavier decided to team up with their respective best friends and right hands.

Alexander will be on Team 1, Axel and Lawrence on Team 2, and Christopher and Xavier on Teams 3 and 4, respectively. And since Ava was pregnant, the girls decided to stay on the side to be the cheerleaders to be fair to Ava.

They agreed on their team colors, and Christopher handled the teams' uniforms. Axel and Lawrence took responsibility for the decorations and everything they needed for the games. Alexander, for all the food. Xavier for the prizes. And for all the gifts and giveaways, everyone contributed.

They finished setting up everything, and it was already evening. Throughout the day, Ava had eaten and slept a lot. Ava was asleep in her old bedroom when Ma Rosa and Ma Linda approached everyone in the living room.

"Good evening, kids." _Ma Rosa.

"Good evening, Maam."

"Good evening."

Everyone stood and greeted them. Ma Rosa and Ma Linda sat down and gestured to them to do the same. When everyone was seated, Ma Linda spoke up.

"It might be weird to say this, but it felt unreal to see Ava having friends. I don't mean it in a bad way. It's just that Ava didn't have friends here before. She has been a very good girl, but it seemed like all the girls disliked her." _Ma Linda.

"Yes, Christopher knows about it. We later realized the other girls were jealous of her about everything. So, we were surprised to see you girls here." _Ma Rosa.

"Maam, Ava is so nice to us. She welcomed us, and these five men became friends because of her." _Olivia.

"Yes, that's true. We also got along so well because we're the same age." _Emery.

"And because of her, we found our true love."

Ariela chipped in, but she bowed her head as she turned red, saying that. Xavier looked at her with twinkling eyes.