29. Not A Kitten!

Not A Kitten!

Author's POV

(at Moore Estate, Fri, August 11, 2023, 12:00)

They arrived at the company exactly on time. When they reached the entrance, the guards had very wide smiles. As usual, the two men didn't acknowledge them, but Ava, as friendly as she was, greeted the guards back and waved their hands at them. They got into the vast lobby, and Axel was surprised with all the balloons and decorations and a giant poster of him!

"Do you like it, Honey?"

Ava asked him excitedly. Lawrence couldn't hold his smile as well.

'My baby girl is so damn amazing!' he thought to himself.

"Did you do it, too, Angel?"

Axel asked as he held Ava in his arms, looking at her delightedly.

"Yes, I did. Well, not literally. I hired some people for it and emailed your employees to be here at lunch. Lawrence gave me his gold card so I could hire the best!"

Ava said, looking back to Lawrence, who nodded and smiled at her and Axel.

"My God! You are definitely something, huh? Thank you very much, Angel! I really, really appreciate it. "

"You are very much welcome!"

Ava responded and kissed Axel. Axel also thanked Lawrence for helping Ava and giving her his card for his birthday.

Everyone greeted Axel with a Happy Birthday, and for the first time, they all heard Axel thank them. Lawrence teased him, and everyone, including Axel and Ava, laughed. Ava then instructed everyone to start the party. She had hired the restaurant in town to cater to them for today. There was music, dances, and more talk.

After two hours, the lunch was finally over, and they went to their office. Ava pressed the PS button, which confused Lawrence and Axel, but they didn't ask. When the elevator doors opened, Ava went out first and then waited for them. Ava took out two handkerchiefs from her bag and handed them over to the men. Axel and Lawrence just instructed the workers to expand the office, but they didn't know she talked to them, giving them specifications according to their personalities. It will be a surprise for both of them.

Lawrence's old office was across Axel's and just as big, so Ava had them merged and asked them to build a more expansive bathroom, a closet with three partitions, a bedroom with an ensuite bathroom, and a small kitchen and a fridge, all on the right side, which was Lawrence's old office. That side was decorated nicely so as not to look like a bedroom.

The simple yet elegant living room will be the first one to see when you enter the office, and their desks are on the left side, close to the window. Her desk will be next to the entrance, so it would be easier for her to attend to it when there are visitors.

Ava also instructed them to put a small pantry on the side so that she could cater to both of them with coffee and snacks. Their desks were organized well. The floor-to-ceiling windows were decorated with both light and dark curtains. The chandeliers were changed into a simpler yet more sophisticated design. There were a lot of changes made to these two rooms.

After Axel and Lawrence put on their blindfolds, Ava led them to the entrance. Then, when they got inside, she closed the doors and removed their blindfolds. And the shock on their faces was a sight to behold. They had smiles on their faces, and they were speechless. It was a whole new, different place. Even Ava was shocked to see the transformation.