10, spikerella's got game

CHAPTER TEN, spike vs spikette

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Douglas was standing in the common area, going through a line of students when the team walked into the room. "What's up, Douglas?" Leo greeted him first. "Doing a price check on bionic kids?"

"Ooh," Adam perked up at the thought. "I wonder how much I'm worth."

At Adam's words, Chase smirked. "Well, we could sell you for parts and find out." He proposed, and Adam turned around to face him. "All right. Well, just don't sell the part that does this." He told his brother before punching him in the arm.

"Ow!" Chase groaned, flinching back as he leaned onto Emilia with his hand holding the part of his arm where Adam punched him.

Emilia sighed before looking over at Adam with a look. "Adam for the last time, stop punching your brother." She scolded in a motherly tone.

Everyone turned back to look at Douglas when he spoke up to explain what he was doing. "I'm just cataloging everyone's bionic abilities."

"Oh, cool, count me in."

Bree furrowed her brows at what her brother said before reminding him. "Adam, we already know what your abilities are."

"Ugh, okay, you got me." Adam sighed, smiling as he gave in. "I just really like waiting in lines." He admitted to them before joining the front of the queue.

Douglas turned away from Adam and back to the others before elaborating on what he was doing further. "In addition to the bionics we know they have, Krane also gave them a lot of weird hidden abilities. Just trying to get a grip on what we're dealing with."

Emilia noticed one of the male students stood out of the queue, holding up his glowing red hands to his friend. "What does that guy have?" She asked, gesturing over to him.

"Check it out." Douglas said with a grin, before he turned around to take a burger out of the grill on the table. "Oh, no, my lunch is undercooked. Oh, Thermo Hands!" He motioned for the student to come over and hold his hands out, so he can put the burger on one of his flaming hands. Using his other hand, the boy covered the top of the burger like a sandwich, before soon lifting his top hand off to reveal a now cooked burger. "Why, thank you."

"Sweet ability, dude." Adam approved and raised his hand in the air for the boy to give him a high-five. Well, that was a mistake. "Ow!" He groaned and tried to shake off the pain in his hand. "Hot! Hot! Hot! Ooh!" He blew on his hand and looked back at the boy to tell him. "Hey, those things are dangerous."