26, perry's return

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX, unauthorised mission

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The bionic team had emerged from the hydraloop with bags in their hands, arriving back at the academy after completing another mission. And this time, they had brought Sebastian along who was improving well in his training, making him one of the best students at the academy. Chase looked back at the group with a smile as he praised. "Nice work, guys. That mission was a total success."

"Maybe for you." Adam disagreed with Chase's point, scrunching up his nose while continuing to tell him. "Nothing caught on fire or blew up. To me: colossal failure."

Adam turned to Leo who smiled at him through his amusement before he was quick to suggest to the taller brunette. "Well, good news, you've got heat vision and a whole afternoon ahead of you. Go make something happen."

Emilia hovered her hand over her mouth as she giggled at Adam's facial expression before Leo walked away, just as Bob approached his mentor, holding a boogie board. "Hey Adam, check it out. While you were gone, I got to boogie board with the dolphins."

"I love dolphins. They're adorable." The Hunter banshee hummed, earning a soft smile from Chase, seeing how adorable her facial expression was.

Adam nodded with a grin, grabbing the boogie board off him to show. "Bob, those weren't dolphins. These are clearly the bites of an angry catfish."

"Wow." Bob gaped at Adam who corrected him, grinning almost in shock as he asked. "Is there anything you don't know?"

They watched as Bob took his boogie board back and walk away from the team, before Bree turned to Sebastian in thought. "I don't think we should let those two play together anymore."

"Uh-uh." Sebastian agreed before heading over to Chase, Emilia and Adam at the cyberdesk, directing his next words at the former person as he spoke. "Hey Chase, on the next mission, do you think I might actually be able to do something?"

Chase looked up at Sebastian. "Well you did get to do something." He nodded, although Emilia could already guess what his next words would be as Chase continued. "You watched me be an amazing mission leader. Most people would pay to see that."

Bree sent him a strange look, her brows furrowed with her quick remark. "And then demand a refund."

Sebastian glanced at the brunette before turning his attention back to Chase, waving his arms around to express more what he was trying to point out. "I'm just saying, the whole purpose for me going on the mission was to get some hands-on-training."