09, a 50-foot spider attack

CHAPTER NINE, spider island

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Oh, hey girls." Leo rushed over towards Emilia and Bree as they walked into the common area ready to spend their day off. "I ditched the field trip so I could hang out with you guys. What should we do on our day off?"

"I'm sorry our?" The Hunter girl wanted to see if she heard him right with Bree nodding along, gesturing between herself and Emilia. "I mean this is our day off and we've already got it all planned out. I am gonna sit by the pool and read a book. I'd ask you to join me, but I live and work with my family, so I'm sick of all of you apart from Emilia."

"That's my girl." The dark-haired brunette smiled as she wrapped her arms around Bree's neck, pulling her closer to kiss her on the cheek.

"Excuse me. Sorry." Chase, who had just walked in, stepped between the two girls intentionally before turning to Emilia, kissing her softly on the lips. "Hey, baby."

Bree rolled her eyes at the boy's jealousy, making eye contact with a laughing Emilia, mouthing to her when Chase wasn't looking. He is so jealous.

"So Chase, wanna hang out?" Leo turned to look at the boy, his eyes glancing between him and Emilia, grimacing slightly. "Unless if you two are doing something together then count me out."

Chase shook his head. "Sorry, Leo, gotta make the most of my day off." He said before beginning to list off what he has done so far. "I already organised the weapons vault, alkalised the island's water system and taught a cute little group of dolphins with Lia to wave hello."

"I love dolphins." Emilia muttered softly as she grinned from ear-to-ear.

"I know you do, sweetie." Chase patted her softly on the head before sighing. "Next up, some light reading. Oh." He grabbed one of Bree's books out of her hands, speed reading through it. "She ended up marrying the vampire? I did not see that coming."

As Bree snatched her book back from Chase with a scowl, Adam walked in and instantly, Leo approached. "Hey, Adam."

"No." Adam circled around the Dooley and faced Emilia and his siblings, going to tell them about the rock he was holding when Leo interjected beforehand. "I didn't even ask you anything yet."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Go ahead." Adam looked back at Leo with a smile who thanked him and went to ask if they could hang out, although Adam stopped him before he could finish. "No."

"Guys, check out this rock I found on shore. I had to dig it out from under a wooden box of old yellow coins and jewelry."

"Adam, this isn't a rock." Chase corrected once he had gotten a closer look at it. "It's a fossil. Let me see that." The two brothers started to fight with the fossil until Chase managed to grasp it into his hands, and place it onto the console and scanned it with his bionic eye. He let out a gasp, looking around at everyone as he informed. "This is a prehistoric sea spider. It went extinct millions of years ago."