14, the truth

CHAPTER FOURTEEN, bionic showdown

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Guys, that was awesome. You just prevented the biggest oil spill in history." Leo complimented the team as they came in cheering after their successful mission.

"Pretty slick, huh?" Chase punned, looking at Leo who fake smiled. "If only we could've prevented that disaster of a pun." He retorted before walking away from them.

"Hey, Mr Davenport? Anything you'd like to say to us, rhymes with, 'Good job'?" Bree asked the Davenport man who approached them. "The answer's in the clue." Adam loudly whispered.

Donald rolled his eyes. "What were you guys thinking?" He asked the bionic siblings as Adam shook his head with a smile. "Nope. Not even close. Two more guesses."

"You completely ignored my mission plan," The Davenport man continued to scold. "improvised everything and jeopardised the entire mission."

The bionic trio turned around and followed him with their eyes. "Mr Davenport, we bust our butts all the time. And all you ever do is sit around the lab making lists of what we did wrong." He mentioned.

"I do not just sit around making lists of things you did wrong." Donald went to disagree, acting like he hadn't just made a list.

"That's true." Leo pointed out. "He also practices Tai Quan Do in his tighty-whities." Emilia and him almost gagged referring to the last part.

"They are not tighty-whities. They are breathable exercise briefs." Donald defended.

"Whatever they are, keep your sweeping high kicks away from my screen." Eddy told his inventor, earning a pointed look from the man before he turned back to Adam, Bree and Chase to tell them. "Look, you guys got lucky this time, but without my precise planning, you're opening yourselves up for disaster. So just follow my orders." He instructed.

"Well, maybe your orders aren't always right."

"Excuse me?" Donald scoffed as Emilia shook her head with wide eyes.

"He said, 'Well, maybe your orders aren't—" The Davenport man interrupted Adam as he yelled. "I heard him!"

Following on the next morning, the trio were still annoyed with Donald who yelled at them for not listening to his instructions. Emilia stood in the kitchen, laughing as Leo just walked away from Donald with his mouth covered with milk.

"I'm just going to go down to the lab. I forgot my bag." Emilia told Donald who nodded, letting her rush downstairs.

Scrolling through his tablet, it took a few minutes before Donald heard a loud echoing scream that came from downstairs. "Emilia!" He immediately recognised the loud banshee voice before running down to the lab to see what the problem was.