13, the secrets out

CHAPTER THIRTEEN, you posted what?!

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Guys, the rupture's getting worse." Bree noticed, as the four bionic-humans stood in front of the pipeline at the mission site. Chase gestured to the burst in the pipe in worry. "That's natural gas. We have to fix that leak or it'll explode." The girls turned to him as he instructed. "Girls, go check the rest of the pipeline for cracks."

"On it." Emilia nodded before her and Bree super speeded away. As soon as they were done, they returned to where the boys were, their hair being covered in leaves and branches, and small rashes showed up on their faces.

"We checked all two hundred miles — seventy of which had poison oak." The girls grimaced while they started pulling branches out of their hair, but with their skin itching to be scratched, that was also a problem.

"All right, let's get out of here."

"All right, grab on to us." Bree turned around and waited as if she was expecting the boys to do as she said, only when she looked back, both girls spotted them looking awkward. "Actually, I'm gonna take the bus."

"Me too." Adam agreed before they both made a run for it.

"Seriously?! How rude!" Emilia exclaimed as she watched them run off before sighing. She took one last look at the area before super-speeding away with Bree.

If only they knew, they had an audience.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The next day, felt like a whole different vibe after the team walked into school to see every student that stood in the hallway, turn to them. Stopping beside Perry who held a tablet in her hand, and she looked almost worried, Bree asked. "What's everybody looking at?"

"A new viral video. Guess what it's called?" Perry started off. "The World's First Bionic Humans and the Banshee."

"What?!"

Unlike the other four who looked shocked at this news, however Adam, furrowed his brows. "Wait, there are other bionic people? Then, why are we working so hard?" He groaned.

"She's talking about us, Adam." Emilia explained to him, making Perry nod.

"Yeah, look." Their principal turned the tablet to them so they could see the video.

"That's yesterday's mission." Chase observed, still in shock.

"Somebody filmed us."

"Your secret's out." Leo stated, his worry starting to grow. "Everybody's gonna know you're bionic, along with Emilia being a banshee."