05, first mission

CHAPTER FIVE, rats on a train

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Standing in the lab, Donald began to explain to the bionic siblings about what he was planning for their training that day. "Okay, guys. The next phase of your training is handling extreme climates. So we'll frost Chase, bake Bree, and submerge Adam." He paused before continuing, "That's not part of the training, I just got one of those carnival dunk tanks and I can't wait to try it out. Okay, Chase, I'm setting your tube on 'Antarctic.' If it gets to be too much, just give me a sign."

"Bring it!" Chase exclaimed, running to get inside his capsule.

Leo frowned. "Hey, that's not fair. I want to be abused by weather."

"Leo, if you really want to be abused, try standing over here next to Adam's morning breath." Bree gestured towards her brother who looked at her as if he was offended. "I don't have morning breath." He scoffed before a rather proud smile rested at his lips. "It smells like that all day."

A look of disgust crossed Emilia's face. "Yeah, that's not a good thing."

Donald turned to his stepson before informing him. "Leo, these guys are genetically engineered to handle these kind of climates. You're not."

"I can handle extreme cold." Leo scoffed in offence, though he was only proven wrong as Emilia turned to him in reminder. "Are you sure about that? Because you get brain freeze from chewing mint gum."

This made the others chuckle as Leo sent her a playful glare before Donald's phone rang and he pulled it out of his pocket to answer it.

"Davenport. What?!" Donald gasped walking as he started pacing back and forth with the others following him. "Well, that's terrible! I mean, that's awesome, but that's terrible! I- I gotta do something." He put his phone down just as Adam asked. "What's going on? What's so terrible?"

"I created the world's fastest train, but now it's speeding out of control full of highly explosive nuclonium towards downtown Welkerville!"

"Well, then what was awesome?" Bree looked at the man confused, who smiled like a five-year old before answering. "It's going like 400 miles an hour." The others smiled in amazement before Donald walked towards the computer. "My entire career is riding or perhaps crashing on this train! I don't understand it! My design was flawless!"

"So flawless you forgot to include an emergency brake?" Leo questioned.

Donald pointed at his computer, stepping away as he replied. "No. I never counted on the conductor dropping his papaya smoothie all over the controls and then jumping off the train."

Adam looked at him before gesturing to himself as he said. "Well, if I were to build a high-speed train, the first thing I would have put in was a cup holder. Oh! And one of those bumper stickers on the back that says, 'I brake for cows'."