25, ho ho ho

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE, twas the mission before christmas

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It was the Christmas holidays, and Emilia could not be more excited. It was her favourite season which meant hopefully her favourite thing, snow.

They were all gathered around the kitchen decorating as Emilia wore a Christmas edition onesie and a Santa hat, when Tasha turned to her husband. "Donald, I just noticed the holiday card we mailed out. What happened to the family portrait we took to celebrate our first Christmas together?"

Donald chuckled. "Oh, I shredded those. These are way more festive." He said, showing her the card that had his face printed on the reindeers.

"Who wants a Christmas cookie?" Adam asked, getting up from the stool. Emilia looked at them with her mouth agape as Leo told him. "Adam, those aren't even cooked."

"Oh, no problem." He sighed, before using his heat vision on them, making the cookie dough burn, and set on fire. "Careful. They may be hot."

He blew on them, getting the fire out as Emilia grimaced. "Thanks for the offer. But, no thanks. I'd rather not burn my mouth off." Bree walked through the front door. "Okay, who covered the entire house in blinking lights? People already think we're weird. We don't need to shine a light on it." She mentioned.

"No, I did that. I want to make sure Santa Claus comes to our house first." Adam said, making Bree look at him in disbelief. "Adam, we all love Christmas, but I think you're going a little overboard." The girl told him.

A banging noise was heard and in came Chase hopping in with Christmas lights wrapped around him, making Bree laugh. "That, however, is spot on." She chuckled.

"Hey, get back up on the roof. You're ruining my display." Adam shouted to his brother. Emilia shook her head, walking towards Chase who replied. "You were lucky a raccoon chewed me free!"

Donald's phone beeped. He walked towards the others saying. "That's an urgent mission alert. We have to get to the lab." They walked off leaving Emilia and Chase.

"I got you, bub." Emilia said, started to unravel the Christmas lights.

"Thank you. You look adorable by the way." He said, smiling at his girlfriend.

Lightly chuckling at the boy, Emilia not so subtly suggested. "I'd look even more adorable if you match with me." He chuckled at the girl who just finished unravelling the whole thing. "Thanks."