09, adam's gone crazy

CHAPTER NINE, death spiral smackdown

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Emilia was slurping on her orange juice, listening to Leo who was ranting on about the death spiral smackdown to her, Bree and Chase.

He brought over the milk and more orange juice for Emilia as he explained. "After school, today is the big death spiral smackdown. Me and Adam are gonna unleash the fury!"

Emilia sighed, looking towards her friend as she remarked. "Adam I get, but are you suddenly the Incredible Hulk now?" Leo responded with a glare before asking the three. "So, are you guys gonna come watch?"

Chase smiled before gesturing towards him and Bree. "We'd love to. But we're gonna go to the mall and check out the escalator. I finally mastered the art of stepping off without tripping."

Emilia smiled softly at him being adorkable before they all turned to Bree who stammered nervously towards her brother. "Oo, uh, we're we supposed to do that today? Shoot, I can't make it. I have a really big test to study for."

"What? Okay, fine. I just hope those old ladies are there again to clap for me." Chase pouted, sighing in disappointment.

"Never had this cereal before." Leo hummed about to put one in his mouth when Bree yelled out, warning him. "No, Leo! Those are power pellets."

"I don't care what they're called. As long as they make my milk chocolaty." Leo smiled brightly, making Emilia shake her head.

"No." Chase sighed before starting to explain to the boy. "They're bite-sized pieces of adrenalin that activate our bionics."

"We don't eat them anymore because we learned how to activate them ourselves." Bree added on to Chase's explanation.

Chase smiled. "They taste like dog treats without the livery aftertaste." He mentioned before he stopped when he noticed the looks he was receiving. "I'm guessing."

Leo then sighed before picking up the Powdered Sugar O's but Chase immediately snatched them off him, while he warned. "Careful, Leo! Those are powdered sugar cookie donut O's. Studies have shown they slow down your brain activity."

Adam then walked in, gasping in excitement at the cereal box in Chase's hand. "Ooh, yummy powdered sugar cookie donut O's." The boy snatched it off Chase and started to dig into the cereal box, while the others shared a look.

"Well that explains him." Emilia muttered to Chase and Bree who chuckled as they walked over to get their bags.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───