02, lost control

CHAPTER TWO, sink or swim

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Emilia and Tasha were waiting back at the house for Donald and Leo to come back. Luckily, Tasha had gotten a call to say that it was proven that Douglas hacked into Donald's account and took all of his money out of the bank.

When finally, Donald and Leo walked in with the latter telling his mother. "Please don't text 'Hurry Home' when we're in a helicopter. I left my lunch all over the Rosenblatts' Roof."

"So, what happened?" Tasha asked as soon as she pulled away from her husband's hug. "Where are the kids?"

"Douglas got to them before we did." Donald said through a sigh and Tasha scoffed. "Your brother, again? Okay, you are done complaining about my mother."

Donald shook his head. "We have no idea where they are, but they're smart, they will figure out a way to escape." He glanced at Leo before looking back at his wife and corrected. "Well, two of them will."

"Mom, what's Emilia doing?" Leo asked, noticing his friend's actions as the girl was spotted pacing back and forth in the kitchen, with headphones over her ears. Tasha waved a hand, as if she was shrugging them off while she explained in just two words. "Banshee business."

"I do however, have some good news." Tasha said while changing the subject to inform her husband about what she had just found out. "The FBI finished their investigation and proved you were cyberhacked."

Donald looked hopeful, smiling as he asked. "So I'm getting all my money back?" Though, his face quickly dropped as Tasha winced. "No. All the money was stolen. You're still broke."

"But I'm getting all my stuff back, right?" Donald continued to hold out hope. "My boats, my cats, my planes."

"Just the house." Tasha stated and smiled as she continued on a positive note. "But the good news is that now we can all move back in together."

"Not even like a jet-ski, or a motorcycle with one wheel?"

"So, what're you gonna do about the kids?" Tasha sighed before Leo interjected. "Well, they're not gonna come back here because they still don't think it's safe. I just wish there was some way we could get a message to them and let them know everything's all right."

"Well, the only thing I can do remotely is update Chase's software." Donald thought of it as an idea until he realised. "Wait. Maybe, that's it. Maybe I can embed a cyber message into the update. Leo, find us a computer."