24, first day troubles

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR, first day of bionic academy

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Welcome to the Davenport Hunter Bionic Academy." Donald announced, holding both his arms out to the sides to gesture around the room after seeing the bionic teens finally arrive by the hydraloop.

"Whoa, cool!" Bree gasped, stepping out from the hydraloop while taking a look in her surroundings.

Adam shared the same reaction, although not caring about the actual designs of the room but what you would usually find in a house. "Ooh, a window!"

Chase and Emilia approached Donald, hand in hand. The boy was still scared to leave her side after the whole soldier battle which ended up with Emilia being sent to the hospital and almost dying.

"Wow, the hydraloop is amazing. We just went from the mainland to the middle of the ocean in less than thirty seconds!" Chase described the trip, still in disbelief.

Donald nodded before the three of them turned to look back at Leo who hadn't managed to get off the hydraloop yet since he was too busy holding onto his stomach, showing the outcome of the hydraloop did not go well for him. "Yep, my lunch just went from my stomach to the floor in less than three."

Emilia shook her head, pulling a face of disgust before turning to the siblings. "So, what do you guys think?"

"Beautiful view. Tons of space." Bree described, smiling at Emilia before turning her gaze to Donald, her facial expression changing into a more annoyed one as she guessed, hoping that wasn't the case. "I'm assuming we'll be living in the basement again."

The Davenport chuckled at the brunette, looking around at the teens with a scoff. "No. Here, we call it 'below sea level'."

Emilia nudged the man, shaking her head before gesturing to the hydraloop. "Oh by the way, before I forget, the hydraloop will take you anywhere you want to go on the island at any time."

Following Donald around the place, the man went on to explain. "This is one of the main classroom areas and here— is the training area where we'll develop the kid's skills and teach them to become bionic heroes."

"If you couldn't teach Chase how to be one, what chance do they have?" Adam questioned, earning a stern look from Emilia.

Donald sighed. "Guys, this is serious. You have important roles as mentors."

Leo smiled, going over to approach Emilia and his step father. "Don't worry, Big D, Emilia. We got this. Now, what exactly will I be teaching?"