03, chase's alter ego

CHAPTER THREE, commando app

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Emilia and Leo stood in the lab as they listened to Donald, preparing the bionic trio for their proper first day of school.

"Okay guys, you have been trained for all kinds of missions. But, you are about to enter a soul-bruising, confidence-crushing, apolcalyptic environment: high school." Donald explained, dramatically causing Emilia to roll her eyes as he continued. "Adam, Bree, your glitch test results are fairly stable."

"Yes! I'm going to school!" Bree cheered, along with Adam who wore a grin on his face. "I'm fairly stable!"

Donald looked over at Chase with a frown. "But, Chase, I am still concerned about your commando app."

A look of disgust crossed Leo's face as he said in disbelief. "Commando app? Put on some underpants. We're going to school." Emilia rolled her eyes before smacking him upside the head.

"He didn't mean that, dummy." Emilia remarked.

"No see, in the face of an imminent threat, Chase's commando app kicks in and he becomes a fearless brute I like to call spike. It's kinda like a fight-or-flight thing, except I took out the flight part, 'cause, useless and I replaced it with a testosterone level of like a tasmanian devil-wolverine-shark-lion hybrid that's mad." Donald explained.

"Don't worry, Mr. Davenport. I promise that Spike won't rear his ugly head." Chase assured Donald who rose a brow before reminding the boy. "Oh, yeah? You mean like last christmas when I made the mistake of giving Adam boxing gloves?"

"I'm not sure if I want to know." Emilia muttered as they were having a flashback.

Adam gagged. "Ugh, I'm still coughing up tinsel."

"You know, letting Chase go to school isn't such a good idea. I can't risk Spike coming out." Donald protested before Leo came to his defence. "Oh, come on, Big D. Chase has to come. With these guys, I'll finally get a prime spot in the cafeteria. That's right, y'all. Put on your coats 'cause I'm about to ride your tail!"

"Don't worry. We'll make sure he stays out of trouble. Right guys?" Adam said and they all nodded.

"Yeah. It's one for all and all for one. Unless, of course, you guys make me look bad, in which case, I am dropping you lame-os and I am sticking with Emilia." Bree said making the auburn-haired girl smile.

"Mr. Davenport, I can't miss school. This is the beginning of my academic achievements and career trajectory. I mean, the road to astronaut lawyer has to start somewhere." Chase told him.