15, beach trip

CHAPTER FIFTEEN, dude, where's my lab?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Down in the lab, Emilia and Leo were watching Donald train the bionic siblings as they stood beside each other with a strap around their necks. "Okay, now we'll check your bionic reflexes. First, the left arm."

Donald pressed a button on the machine, making their left arms throw up in the air, Chase's hitting Adam in the face, along with him hitting Bree.

"Okay, now the right arm." Donald said, before pressing another button, leading for Bree's arm to hit Adam in the face who then hit Chase.

"Oh! I hate this game!" Adam groaned in pain, as Emilia laughed. "Really? Because I think this is hilarious."

"Okay, Adam. Well, you can sit this one out. I'll just do Bree and Chase." Donald told him before pressing another button, leading for Chase to throw up his left hand and Bree to throw up her right hand, both of them hitting Adam in the face making him groan in pain while the others laugh.

Leo sighed. "Come on, Big D. It's Summer vacation! Let's hit the beach. Slap on some shorts and show everyone your pasty little walking sticks!"

Emilia snickered, getting a look from Donald before he replied to Leo. "Not now, Leo. We're doing some routine bionic chip maintenance. Besides, this is fun, right guys?"

Tasha walked in, holding a drink tray as the bionic trio called out sarcastic replies. Bree threw out her arm before asking. "Okay, are we done here? I wanna go be normal for a while!" She pulled off her neck strap and threw it towards Donald, only for it to hit the machine, creating a massive spark and Tasha to drop the drinks tray.

Tasha groaned. "Can't we go just five minutes without something sparking, exploding or oozing around here?!" She exclaimed. She stepped towards her husband as she continued. "Ever since summer vacation started, it has been like one long science experiment."

"I'm sorry, honey. I... you know... maybe... maybe Leo's right. Maybe we need to take a break and go to the beach. We'll take a whole weekend, as a normal family, you know? No gadgets, no phones. We'll do it totally tech-free."

Tasha smiled at her husband. "Oh, that is exactly what I need. You would really do that for me?"

"Of course. You are way more important to me than the amazing innovations born of my genius." Donald said, his ego showing making Tasha give him a look before walking out the lab.

Leo stood up, holding the drink tray as he smiled towards his step father. "Wow, Big D, It's really nice of you to blow off work for my mom."

"Well, you know, Leo, now and then, everybody needs a little peace and..." Donald said, being cut off by an alarm blaring. "Quiet!"