25, where's bob?

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE, adam steps up

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"All right. Listen up guys." Chase announced, as he stood in the training room with Emilia and Bree, with the students gathered around the three mentors. "We're introducing a new element to training— the bionic battle."

"Each week, two of you will be pitted against each other in a physical challenge." Emilia explained to the students.

"To the death?" Spin asked, narrowing his eyes with a glare.

The young boy received strange looks, before Leo turned to him. "Yes, Big D built this multi-million-dollar facility to train and house you, just so we could pick you off one by one." He sarcastically remarked.

Spin briefly shook his head, rolling his eyes at him before they all turned to look back at the mentors, allowing Chase to continue. "So, each week's winner will earn points toward advancing to the next bionic skill level. And the loser gets... well, humiliated."

Bree briefly shook her head at her brother before directing her next words to Spin. "Spin, since you're the youngest, you get to choose an opponent first."

"Yes." Spin said in excitement, stepping forward to look around at the other students, trying to make himself look intimidating. "Scared? Ya should be."

"No, no." Chase was quick to interject, stepping towards Spin. "This isn't about scaring people. No one's going to get hurt."

At that, a basketball came flying into the room and hit Chase in the back who yelled out in pain, turning around to look in the direction where it came from.

Chase turned to look at his girlfriend with a frown, practically pouting like a toddler. "Lia, why didn't you stop it?"

"I predict death. Not when someone throws a basketball at your back." Emilia deadpanned, earning a snicker from Bree.

Chase huffed out a breath before walking into the common room with the girls following him to see Adam playing basketball with his students.

"What are you doing?" Chase asked.

Bob held up the basketball in his hands, going to answer for Adam. "We're throwing this thing at that thing. I'm an athlete."

"Adam, you're a mentor now. You have to start acting like one." Bree scolded, making Emilia nod in agreement.

Adam held his arms out while defending himself through his answer. "I am. We're supposed to teach them how to use their abilities. So, we're havin' a bionic slam dunk contest."