18, where's chase?

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN, avalanche

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

Emilia was very confused. I mean, after training with Donald while the others were on a mission, she wanted to know why the others were excluding Chase out. She could tell by the way she looked at him, their actions took an affect on him. She just hoped, he wouldn't do anything stupid or something that would get him hurt to prove he was good enough.

Oh how wrong she was.

Sitting in the lab, the group were hanging around as they had to watch Donald demonstrate another one of his inventions. "Okay, guys, say hello to my latest invention, the Cryo-Blaster. This thing can freeze anything in a nanosecond."

"Bravo, Big D." Leo applauded sarcastically. "You invented ice." Emilia snickered at the look the man gave him before he corrected. "No, invented a way for astronauts to travel to distant galaxies while frozen in suspended animation."

"Which is a fancy way of saying 'ice'." Leo chimed in, making Donald grunt in annoyance before grabbing Adam's glass and placed it on the cyberdesk. "All right, here, let me demonstrate. You guys might want to step back because the ray from the Cryo-Blaster freezes everything it touches." He zapped the device onto the glass making it freeze into an ice block.

Leo sighed, stepping closer as he looked to the group of four. "Can someone please tell this dude he's making ice?" He questioned, making Donald roll his eyes.

"Look, every space program in the world is gonna want one of these. I just need the element to fuel them: Cytanium." Donald continued to explain, bringing a map up on the cyberdesk. "And it's only found here. I'm sending you on a mission to the most remote part of Antarctica."

"As opposed to bustling downtown Antarctica?"

Donald sighed at Bree as Chase nodded his head before chiming in. "No worries, Mr Davenport. We've been to way worse places than Antarctica."

Adam chuckled. "Oh, yeah. Remember Bakersfield?"

"Oh, yeah." They all groaned.

Donald sighed. "Look, with your bionics, you should be able to swoop in and-" He was interrupted by the computer beeping. "Oh, no. There's a massive storm headed there."

"So, who cares? We just dealt with a storm." The youngest Davenport sibling said, looking at Donald confusingly.

Donald shook his head to correct him. "No, this is a category five. It's much more dangerous. I can't believe this. I'm gonna have to call off the mission."