16, the start of something new

CHAPTER SIXTEEN, filler chapter

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It had been a few days after everything that had happened. Emilia had to accept the new change in her life with the fact that she has all of Adam, Bree and Chase's abilities combined, along with a couple new ones. However, she was also happy to find out that she didn't need a capsule as she could easily deactivate her bionics herself whenever she needed to. But apart from that, Emilia hadn't been getting much sleep, since she kept thinking about how her own father killed her mother because she was (and in his words) useless.

Apart from Tasha watching tv on the couch, the auburn haired girl was sat alone eating her breakfast, when Chase came walking in to get something from the refrigerator. Emilia followed him with her eyes, hesitating whether or not she should say something or not when she then spoke up. "Thank you."

Chase shut the refrigerator after getting a drink and turned to Emilia with surprised eyes. The girl had barely spoken for the past few days and he was surprised to hear her voice again. He then furrowed his brows after realising what she said before asking. "What for?" He walked around to sit on the stool beside Emilia who looked at him with a softened face. "I never thanked you for getting me out of there." She clarified, however, Chase still looked confused.

She let out a light chuckle. "I know it was you who carried me out of there. Plus, I kind of hoped it would be." She admitted, making the boy smile softly. He shrugged his shoulders as if it was nothing before replying. "It's nothing, don't worry about it."

"Well, it was something to me." Emilia said truthfully as Chase sipped his juice, trying to hide his now pink cheeks. Her lips tugged up into a smirk knowing her comment took affect on him.

Tasha looked towards the kitchen area when a soft smile appeared on her face as she watched Emilia laugh for the first time after the battle with Nick, Douglas, and Marcus and Chase was the first one to make her crack. She pulled out her phone and quickly took a photo of the two before sending it to the others.

Emilia laughed as she continued to tell Chase the story. "Yeah. Leo came walking in wearing massive goggles, flippers, and a duck floatie. And I just fell to the floor, crying of laughter. I even have a photo."

Chase laughed along with her. "Oh, god. Please show me." The girl giggled before stopping as her eyes glowed blue. She sighed as Chase looked at her in concern seeing the glowing eyes. "Prepare yourself." She told him, making him furrow his brows as he went to question. "What-"

Before he could finish, Emilia grabbed his hand before speeding down to the lab, letting go of Chase before she tackled Adam to the ground.