20, toy drive disaster

CHAPTER TWENTY, merry glitchmas

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Ho, Ho, Ho! Santa's here." Donald announced, walking through the front door with bags in his hands.

"I'm not sitting in your lap. Just hand out the gifts." Leo pointed out, making the man chuckle before the others crowded around him.

Donald smiled. "Presenting this holiday season's hottest new action figures! Adam, Bree, Chase and Emilia!" He announced, pulling out four action figures from the bag and showing them to the four teenagers.

"Oh my—"

"Wow!"

"Cool!"

"Toys!"

"They're so cute." Tasha smiled before glancing at her husband.

"And mine matches my new hair colour!" Emilia grinned, seeing the brunette hair on her action figure.

"Only because you told me about your hair before I ordered these." Donald hummed to the banshee. "And now that the world knows and loves you guys, a toy company was eager to put one of these in every kid's stocking— for a small licensing fee."

Leo cleared his throat before asking. "Didn't they forget a certain someone?" Donald looked at his step-son with raised brows. "I'm just saying, this face would look dashing in molded plastic. It appeals to children of all ages."

"Leo, we agreed to keep your bionic arm a secret." Donald told him. "Besides, this is about Adam, Bree, Chase and Emilia. And me!" He pulled out an action figure from the bag that matched his physical appearance, before imitating an airplane sound. Seeing the looks the others were giving him, he furrowed his brows at them. "What? It comes free with the set."

"Right, because no one would actually pay for you." Bree remarked, earning a chuckle from Emilia.

"Look, Chase, yours is life-sized!" Adam grabbed the boy's action figure and held it up to him.

"Oh, and look!" Chase picked up Adam's action figure. "Adam's head is hollow, just like the real thing."

The girls smiled as they looked towards Adam who defended. "It's not hollow. It's filled with potential."

"Wait, potential? More like air." Bree scoffed at her brother before the three siblings began to bicker with each other.

Emilia shook her head, turning to the others behind her as she rhetorically asked. "And I was chosen to protect them? Give me a break."