12, adam's new car

CHAPTER TWELVE, trucked out

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"I can't believe Adam's not back from his driving test. What's taking him so long?" Leo wondered as him and the group sat around the living room waiting for Adam to get home.

Bree looked up from her magazine. "Two words, Adam. Test." She reminded.

"Man, if he passes, it's good news for us and bad news for everyone on the road." Chase sighed before letting out a chuckle. "Or the sidewalk."

"Well, he has to pass. I need him to drive me to that party on Saturday." Leo mentioned with a hopeful expression, making Chase look at him with furrowed brows. "What party?" He asked.

Leo chuckled. "The one you weren't invited to."

"I was invited too." Emilia reminded the Dooley boy, though she wasn't acknowledged as Bree sat up on the couch at Leo's comment. "You got invited to Caroline Davis' party and I didn't?" She asked him in disbelief. "I mean Emilia I get, but you?"

"Neither did I!" Chase pointed out, but his sister wasn't shocked. "No surprise there." She scoffed before looking back at Leo. "But why were you invited?" She asked.

"Oh, Bree, I'm climbing the social ladder." Leo bragged. "There are now three or four ladies who make eye contact with me in the hallway. Okay, it's two! But, I'm going to that party."

"He's home!" Bree shouted as soon as they heard the door open, the group only groaning at the sight of Tasha and not Adam.

"It's just you." Leo groaned at his mother.

"Nice to see you, too." Tasha replied sarcastically, making Leo sigh before correcting himself. "Sorry mom. How's it going?"

Tasha smiled. "Great. I've had the best day. It all started when-" She went on to explain before Leo interrupted her as soon as the door opened again. "Save it for later, woman! Adam's here!"

Donald opened the door with a smile. "Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Mission Creek's newest fully licensed driver!" He announced, waving his hands behind him, but Adam didn't make an appearance. "Adam, that's you." He whispered.

"Oh, right." Adam said, appearing at the door before cheering. "Woo-hoo, I passed!" They all cheered for him before Donald approached his wife, telling her. "He really impressed me. He got a 96 on the test."

"I didn't even know scores went up that high! Oh, and get this, Mr Davenport said if I passed, he'd buy me a car." Adam informed, which shocked Tasha who looked at her husband. "What?!" She let out.

"Well, in my defense, I never thought he would pass." Donald countered with Emilia nodding along with him. "Yeah, I don't think any of us did." She mentioned.