06, it's not about the fame

CHAPTER SIX, mission mania

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Another day. Another rescue mission. The two speedsters from the bionic team had just returned after getting everyone away from the wildfire.

"All right. That's the last few. Everybody's safe, including one very ungrateful grizzly." Bree announced to the team just as the bear growled from behind.

"Oh, shut it!" Emilia snapped before walking over to the group with Bree.

Chase smiled. "The Fire Department can handle things from here. Great work, guys." At that, the rescued civilians began to cheer for the bionic heroes before surrounding them, asking for autographs or proposing an interview.

After giving someone an autograph, Adam turned to his team members, sighing in relief. "Ah, life is so much better now we don't have to keep our missions a secret."

"I know. Now people can tell us how great we are right to our faces." Leo chimed in. Although, the smile was quick to fall from his face after listening to the rescued civilians chant their names, though excluding him. "Are you kidding me? I've been going on missions for over a month. How can these people not know my name?"

"Well, maybe you should change it to something people won't forget, like uh, Gregorio Spiridakis or Pickles O'Malley." Adam suggested, earning a strange look from Leo.

Emilia grinned before raising her hand in the air slightly. "I vote Pickles!"

"See?" Adam gestured towards his sister figure with a grateful smile. "Emmy understands me."

The Dooley boy rolled his eyes at the two before moving to stand in front of his team. "Can I have your attention, please?" He asked, wanting to announce something to the civilians. "I'd like to point out that Adam, Bree, Chase and Emilia weren't the only heroes. I personally saved six people."

"Adam, Bree, Chase, Emilia and that guy!" They all started to chant continuously until Leo spoke up again. "All right, the six I saved, back in the fire."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Fifteen straight missions and neither one of them was a real emergency, as Chase reminded them all as soon as they returned back to the mentor headquarters, with Emilia flopping straight onto the couch with a dramatic cry.

"What a waste of my immense talent and unique skill set!" Chase groaned, dramatically dropping his bag to the floor.

Bree scoffed in annoyance. "Yeah. I don't know which mission was more annoying, the lady who ran out of gas or the guy who didn't know which side dish to order."