08, leo's birthday gone wrong

CHAPTER EIGHT, bionic birthday fail

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Adam, that was the rebel leader." Donald began to remind the boy after pulling the bionic trio out of the simulator. "The whole purpose of today's mission simulation was to interrogate him."

"I did, and his answer was, Aaaah!" Adam chuckled to himself before walking towards Leo, Emilia and Donald.

Bree stopped beside the auburn-haired girl while looking towards Donald to suggest. "Hey, next time could you maybe throw in a cute, blue-eyed rebel?" Emilia giggled, looking over at Bree before noticing the look that Donald had before Bree added. "What? I'm just sayin'. It's not gonna kill you to add a little somethin'- somethin' for the ladies."

Emilia's attention turned to Leo who pushed aside the boys while saying. "Step aside, amateurs." He grabbed the goggles before placing them on his face. "Go ahead, Big D. Set it to 'awesome'." Emilia stifled a laugh, sharing a smile with Bree.

Donald walked towards his stepson, taking the goggles off of Leo. "Leo, these goggles are not a toy." Leo looked at his stepfather in disbelief while replying. "Come on! My birthday's coming up— globally known as 'Dia De Leo'."

"No. I designed the mission simulator to fine-tune their bionics not to go on 3-D joyrides. Besides, you're not trained for it." Donald explained, walking away from his stepson.

Leo turned around to follow him with Emilia sitting down on top of the stage. "Well, how about as a birthday gift, you give me a bionic ability?" Emilia laughed causing Leo to whip his head towards his bestfriend to glare at her before turning back to Donald who remarked sarcastically. "Or I could gift-wrap reality and you could play with that for a while."

Chase started to approach Leo with his siblings behind him, crossing his arms over his chest as he smirked. "So Leo's having a birthday? What are you, like nine?"

Leo looked at him with a void expression while he deadpanned. "Fourteen."

Chase laughed, before noticing the look on Leo's face. "No, seriously."

"So how are you going to celebrate?" Bree asked, looking at him curiously as Emilia wrapped her arm around Leo's shoulder.

Leo smirked. "We're all going to celebrate? Isn't that right Em?" The auburn-haired girl nodded as Leo continued. "Every year my mom throws me a big surprise party."

"Really?" Adam perked up, before Leo smiled at him, replying. "Last year she baked a cake the size of me. I'm not gonna brag but I was delicious."