01, first meet

CHAPTER ONE, crush, chop and burn

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

On Emilia Hunter's tenth birthday, the girl's fate began as soon she started showing signs of her banshee abilities that she got from her mother, Lily. And with her ex-boyfriend around, she couldn't risk the man coming after her daughter again and use her powers to his advantage.

Which is why, to protect her daughter, Lily made the decision to bring her to her friend, Tasha Dooley, knowing she would take Emilia in and keep her safe with no protest. And even better, she didn't have to worry if Emilia accidentally exposed her abilities because Tasha was the only one who knew about Emilia and herself being supernatural — of course it took her a long time to process though.

But to a sad turn of events, Lily unfortunately died not long after Emilia had turned thirteen — and not only then did she realise that her mother was never coming back for her.

Accepting Emilia's decision, Tasha never adopted the girl, but promised to keep her safe, and it would continue even though she was moving with the Dooley family into the home of Tasha's new husband, the billionaire inventor: Donald Davenport.

Little did Emilia know, that moving in with the Davenports would change her life for good.

"This place is huge! I'm gonna need a GPS just to find the bathroom." Leo and Emilia took in their surroundings as they took a tour of their new home. The boy leaned and hit his back against the wall that had apparently activated an elevator that appeared in front of them.

"What the..." Emilia trailed off, walking towards the elevator.

"Hello?" Leo called out, following her into the elevator. Suddenly, the doors slammed shut and the elevator shot down causing Leo to scream and hold onto his friend who sighed at him.

Soon, the elevator doors open once they reached the bottom and the both of them stepped out. Leo looked around the room and gasped. "Whoa! My new dad is Batman!"

Hearing a noise from behind the doors, Leo then grabbed Emilia's arm before pulling her behind a bunch of yellow barrels to hide, just as a young boy ran out and shut the doors behind him with a smirk. "Good luck gettin' in! That steel door is thicker than your head!"

The smirk on his face fell at the sight of the large dent marked on the doors before they fell down, revealing his brother.

"Well, there's another way to get in." The smaller one chuckled nervously, making his brother glare at him before walking up to grab the back of his suit and lift him off the ground.

"Give me back my ePod!" He demanded thinking the boy took it, who was quick to defend himself through a shout. "I don't have it!"

"Hey!" A girl entered the room listening to music through her headphones, making one of the boys gasp. "You took my ePod!" He pointed out and threw the other boy to the ground.