18, caught

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN, mission invisible

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Standing by the lockers, Emilia chatted with Chase and Adam while she waited for Bree and Leo to pass Principal Perry on her baggage check. Leo had managed to get pass without his phone, however Bree failed and had to be sent to the back of the line.

All of a sudden, Bree jumped down from the ceiling and appeared between Emilia and Leo as to which the latter screamed in response, along with Emilia who skidded back with Chase holding her steady.

Bree smiled innocently. "Morning, guys." Chase sighed before Leo suggested. "Seriously, can we put a bell on her?" Chase nodded along. "Yeah, you gotta chill on the super agility. Somebody's gonna see you using your bionics."

"No one ever sees me." Bree scoffed. "I mean, you didn't see me swipe your lunch money." She smirked, making Emilia laugh as Chase checked his pockets before narrowing his eyes at his sister. "Oh, you're good."

Principal Perry approached the group, looking towards Bree as she asked. "Hey, you! How'd you get past my checkpoint? I sent you to the back of the line."

Bree nervously smiled. "Uh, that wasn't me."

"Must have been somebody else." Chase stepped in to help his sister, along with Adam who rested his arm on Chase's shoulder. "Yeah, somebody who can't climb ceilings. Saved it."

"You three have an answer for everything, don't you?" Perry questioned, receiving a smirk from Chase as he replied. "I don't like to brag, but the answer to that is yes."

"There's one thing I pride myself on..." Perry started, before Emilia interrupted. "Your incredibly sturdy calves?"

Perry narrowed her eyes at the girl as Bree smiled. "No! My instincts! And my instincts tell me that you three are trouble!"

"Well, I don't like your instincts at all." Adam told the woman. "And you can tell 'em I said that." Emilia shook her head in disbelief before Perry thought out loud. "I can't put my finger on it, but ever since you arrived, strange things have been happening around here. And the only strange thing I'll tolerate is the janitor. I have to, he's my cousin."

"Who are they?" Leo wondered, as multiple men passed by, as to which Principal Perry explained to them. "Air conditioning repairmen. They're here to check on the strange winds that have been blowing around here for months." She walked off, leaving Chase to scowl at the faster sibling. "She's talking about you. You're the mysterious wind!"

Bree scoffed out a breath. "The only mysterious wind around here comes from Adam."

Emilia grimaced, stepping aside before Principal Perry came back. "Just so you know, tonight is Parent/Teacher night. Which means tomorrow is 'you're grounded' day!" She cackled before sighing deeply. "So, good luck!" She laughed while rushing off.