17, one millionth customer

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN, brother battle

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Adam Davenport! Put Chase down now!" Emilia stopped on one of the steps, seeing her boyfriend hung over Adam's shoulder.

Donald had just walked through the front door to the house, and hearing what Emilia said, Donald shut the door behind him and spoke up. "Yes, that's how people get hurt."

"Good point." Adam hummed. "I should probably stretch first." He threw Chase to the ground and walked off.

Emilia sighed before rushing down the stairs and ran over to help Chase off the floor. He let out a sigh and turned to Donald. "Man, I'm so tired of him. So far this week, I've been his weight set, his football and his jump rope."

Donald let out a breathily chuckle. "On the bright side, you've never looked more fit." He smiled at Chase, whacking him softly on the arm, getting a look from Emilia.

"I'm serious." Chase told him. "He's always using his strength to make my life miserable."

Douglas leant against one of the pillars, when he called. "Why don't you get even?"

Chase turned around to look at him, throwing his arm out as he argued. "How? None of my abilities can compete with his strength." He slowly turned his head, looking back at Donald. "And it's hard to torture him with brain teasers when he doesn't have a brain."

"Maybe I can unlock a new ability." Douglas then suggested. "Give you something you've never had before, the upper hand."

At his brother's words, Donald instantly widened his eyes, unlike Chase who seemed to be agreeing with this idea. "Yes! Let's do it!" He accepted the man's deal, making Donald quickly step in.

"No, let's not." Donald disagreed and moved over to stand between Douglas and Chase. "Absolutely finito. Forget it."

"Why not?" Douglas furrowed his brows.

"Because I said so." His brother said firmly. "You live under my roof, you play by my rules. End of discussion."

Douglas watched him run upstairs before turning to the couple beside him, echoing Donald's words in a mocking way. "You live under my roof, you play by my—"

"I can hear you!" Donald shouted from upstairs.

Adam walked into the room. "All right, Chase, my hammies are loose." He slapped his hands down on his pants. "I'm ready for round two."