02, robot replicas

CHAPTER TWO, crush, chop and burn

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The next morning, Emilia and Leo were both in the living room sulking as Tasha attempted to make them see the bright side of things, though it didn't work.

"Good morning, happy family." Donald turned around to face his step-son and wife who looked behind him in question. "What is that?"

"Whatever it is, don't get too attached." Leo said, looking at his mother in reference to the man moving Adam, Bree and Chase to a different location.

Emilia jumped down from the kitchen counter as Donald sighed. "Look, Leo, Emilia, I know you're gonna miss Adam, Bree and Chase." He said before starting to explain what he was hiding underneath the sheet. "So, I laser scanned their features onto these biosynthetic robots and I programmed them with their core personality traits. Is this great or what? It'll be like they never left."

Leo approached Robot Adam before flicking him on the forehead. "Ah!" He yelled, holding his hand in pain from the robot material.

"What do you think?" Donald asked.

"I think the excitement of having a billionaire dad just wore off." Leo sneered, mentally rolling his eyes as Tasha walked up to her husband to tell him. "Donald, I don't know about this. I kind of prefer Leo and Emilia to have friends who can't malfunction and tear them limb from limb."

"What are those?" Bree questioned as her, Adam and Chase finally walked in wearing their mission suits.

"Oh, Dr. Franken brain here is trying to replace you with creepy robots." Leo scoffed, gesturing to the robot replicas before Emilia chimed in herself as she waved her arms around, rolling her eyes in annoyance. "Welcome to Crazy Town."

Adam then walked up to his robot as it turned to look at him. "Good morning. The time is 11:22 and the temperature is currently 68 degrees."

Adam looked at Donald. "You made a robot of me that just stands around telling people the time and the temperature?" He asked, receiving a nod from the man. "That's the coolest thing I've ever seen!"

"To be honest I would rather have this Adam then that fake." Emilia pointed out, getting a smile from the boy himself.

"Does my nose really look like that?" Bree asked, squinting her eyes at her robot replica who came up with a remark that made the others laugh apart from Tasha and Emilia. "No. Yours has a faint moustache underneath."

"Hey, everyone. I'm Chase. Let's do ma... ma... ma... ma..." Robot Chase stammered before Donald hit it's chest. "math."

"That is not funny!" Chase looked at them all in offence as they laughed, with Adam coming up with a mocking response. "No. You're right. It's fuh... fuh... fuh... funny."