19, cybercloaks

CHAPTER NINETEEN, face off

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Lia..." Chase stood next to his girlfriend who was grabbing something out of her locker. Once she got out what she needed, Emilia shut her locker behind her before turning around to face Chase, mocking his tone. "Chase..."

"You know how the dance is nearing?" He asked, making Emilia raise a brow.

"Yes. What about it?" She smiled.

"Well first, I want to promise you that I won't let anything happen to ruin the dance for us this time." Chase began to say. "But, Emilia Hunter, will you go to the dance with me?"

Emilia hummed. "I'll have to think about it." She laughed, going to walk away when Chase pulled her back by her arm and pulled her in for a soft kiss. "I'm kidding. Of course, I'll go with you."

Adam and Bree walked over to the couple. "Guys, you will never believe what just happened." Bree gushed in excitement. "Jake Chambers asked me to go to the winter dance."

"He did?" Emilia smiled when Bree nodded. "Oh, congrats girl." She high-fived the brunette.

"Jake Chambers?" Chase feigned a look of shock as he echoed. "The Jake Chambers?" This earned a giggle from Emilia before the look of shock fell from his face. "Who's Jake Chambers?"

It seemed like Adam didn't know either.

Bree gave Chase a look of disbelief. "The only guy who's even talked to me since people found out we were bionic. Apparently, no one wants to date a girl who they think was unveiled at this year's auto show." She explained.

"I would." Emilia hummed with a shrug, earning a wink off Bree. Chase looked between the girls and let out. "Nuh-uh." He pushed Emilia behind him before turning to his sister with narrowed eyes, making the girls laugh.

"Well," Chase cleared his throat. "I don't have to worry about finding a date when I've got my girl right here." He smiled down at Emilia who raised a brow at him with an amused smile.

"Ugh. Now I have to throw up." Adam groaned as Bree laughed.

"Oh, really?" Chase turned to his brother. "Well, who are you going to the dance with?"

"No one." Adam frowned before he walked away and into Perry's office.

Emilia looked over Bree's shoulder, trying to hide her smile. "Ooh, I see Jake coming. See you later, Bree." She gripped Chase's hand and pulled him away as Jake approached Bree.