07, a competition between brothers

CHAPTER SEVEN, simulation manipulation

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Chase felt disappointed. Embarrassed, you might say at the recent observations when him and his brother competed against each other when their students were to complete certain tasks — and Chase was the one failing so far. He just hoped his team would improve throughout the next two tasks.

"Listen up, roomies." Leo brought Adam, Emilia and Chase out of their conversation, holding a mop and a bucket. Mainly looking between the boys since Emilia didn't live with them in the mentors headquarters, Leo continued. "You've got another person living with you now. You need to respect that. I have been scrubbing our room for the past six hours. I've got pruney fingers."

"Why didn't you just wear gloves?"

"I did." Leo gritted his teeth, holding up one of his hands with the glove almost ripped off. "I don't care which one of you is making the mess. Just stop." He threw the cleaning equipment to the floor including his glove before confidently walking out of the common area.

"Now who's making a mess?" Adam retorted just as Emilia went down to pick them off the floor in habit until Chase stopped her, pulling her away from the cleaning equipment as Donald approached the group.

"Okay, everybody gather round and listen up. It is time for the second challenge. Everybody to your work stations."

"Good luck, babe." Emilia turned to Chase before kissing him on the cheek making him smile. A teasing one at that as his smile widened. "I get the cheek? What about—"

"Later." Emilia was quick to shut him up, kissing him softly on the lips before leaving him to go to his work station with his students.

Emilia moved to stand by Donald who activated the explosives for both teams. "Each team will have sixty seconds to defuse their 3D virtual explosive device."

"This is going to be so easy. Like taking dynamite from a baby." Chase grinned confidently towards his students, his choice of words made Donald look at him in question before pointing out to both teams. "Even though the explosives are fake, the potential for humiliation is very real."

"Don't forget to work together as a team." Donald reminded the teams before activating the barriers around their work stations. "Your sixty seconds starts... now."

"Okay, guys, all you have to do is cut one of these wires. But choose carefully, because it's a life or death decision." Adam instructed his students before asking. "Now, who's favourite colour's red?" He put his hand up along with some of his students. "Who's favourite colour's blue? Well, don't look at me. I like them both."