01, froyo shop

CHAPTER ONE, speed trapped

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Tonight's the night!" Chase gushed to the girls next to him in excitement. "The new frozen yogurt shop is opening! Fifty two flavours and four of them are sugar free." He paused for a moment upon seeing Bree's stare. "Oh, who are you kidding? You passed out the first time Emilia introduced you to nail polish."

"I've heard of those yogurt places." Adam said, approaching them. "They get you by charging extra for toppings. So, I'm bringing my own." He pulled his zip down on his jacket and opened it to reveal multiple bags filled with different toppings stuck to the inside of his jacket. "You don't even wanna know what's in my pants." He pulled his arms down, smacking hard onto his jeans before letting out a scream as he forgot what he had in them. "Ahh! Ooh! Hot butterscotch! Ooh!"

Donald then approached the table. "Sorry, you guys are coming home straight after school. So no flavours, no froyo, no hanging with the bros, peeps, and homies." He sadly informed them.

"Bros, peeps, and homies?" Bree repeated while sharing an amused look with Emilia who shook her head. "Yeah, just don't. Just... no." Emilia told him.

"What's got you so grouchy?" Leo looked at the man in question. "They run out of human footstools at the rich-guy club?" He wondered.

"Did you forget your little buddy Marcus found the lab yesterday? He could've discovered our bionic secret." Donald reminded them.

"Oh! Okay, so it's our fault that your million dollar smart home system didn't stop him?" Bree sarcastically said, getting up from the table with Emilia and Chase following.

"Don't go there, Supergirl. I was getting my beauty sleep. Something you might want to look into." Eddy interjected with a remark that made the boys chuckle.

"Look, it doesn't matter whose fault it was," He began to say before not-so subtly pointing at Leo through his next words. "even though someone was supposed to be watching him."

"Well, technically someone pulled Leo away, letting Marcus roam free." Leo retorted while mimicking Donald's actions.

"Guys, I think you're talking about each other."

"Bottom line, I am keeping a tighter leash on you three. And Leo, because I can't always be there, you have to step it up and do a better job of watching out for them." Donald explained to his step-son who furrowed his brows. "Me? What about her?" Leo asked, gesturing towards his best friend.

Emilia cleared her throat. "Her has a name, and come on, really?" She scoffed.

Leo sighed. "Fine. No problem, Big D. I may have let one goon get too close, but I won't let any more Marcuses slip through the cracks. From now on you can call me the Enforcer!"