01, return home

CHAPTER ONE, sink or swim

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Not one single piece of technology in the lab was left untouched by the explosion. The capsules for one, Leo's Mission Specialist Desk and the rest of the technology that Donald used to built it was completely ripped apart.

Although all of that can be replaceable, however Adam, Bree and Chase are not — therefore, they needed to prioritise their safety and find them before Douglas does.

"Almost ready. Just three more bags." Tasha said as she brought the bags down to the living room moments before they had to leave.

"Tasha, we're homeless." Donald reminded. "Do you really need all these clothes?" He asked, only for the woman to look at him, unfazed. "These are yours." She deadpanned.

"I cannot believe they're kicking us out." Leo then sighed. "Where are we gonna go?" He wondered.

Looking between the two teenagers and his wife, Donald explained. "Look, there is a five-star hotel downtown. We can stay there until we can prove my account was hacked."

"How?" Leo asked before Emilia did. "You have no money, no credit cards, nothing."

"Well, y-yeah. I just thought we'd tap into yours and Emilia's college fund."

"Hell no." Emilia muttered before Leo walked to the door after hearing someone knock on. And as soon as he opened the door, he widened his eyes once he spotted Perry poking her head in.

"Sup, Dooley." Perry greeted, making Leo shriek before going to shut the door, only for Perry to stop his movements and push herself in. "Well, I see you did your squats today." Leo pointed out after failing to block the woman from coming in to the house.

"That's the power of protein." Perry explained as she flexed her arms. "I eat three whole chickens a day. Uhhh!"

Emilia turned away as Tasha fake smiled towards the woman and asked. "Principal Perry, what do you want?"

"Nothin' from you, Betty Blue." Perry pointed at the woman before turning to Donald. "I just came here to shake down old Donny for my hush money. Keeping a bionic secret really takes it out of a gal."

"And here I thought you were just winded from walking up the driveway." Donald sighed before grabbing what Perry had in her hands. "Look, you know I'm broke."

Perry grinned. "Well, then perhaps I'll have to find another way to get my money. Maybe a tell-all book. How one adorkable Principal saved America from three bionic freaks!"