07, cheddy

CHAPTER SEVEN, scramble the orbs

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Okay, why do I have to be here?" Emilia walked up to Chase and Bree who were stood behind one of the counters. She leant her arm on the counter while resting her head in her palm and looked at the siblings when Chase answered. "Because we want you here."

He leaned down quickly to kiss her on the lips as Bree, who stood beside him, added on. "Plus, you bring here stops me from hitting Chase."

Emilia looked up at the girl amused, unlike Chase who scoffed before they were pulled out of their conversation when their boss, Scott, walked over to them, looking at the Davenport siblings as he greeted. "Well, if it isn't my employee of the week and my weak employee."

Emilia chuckled in annoyance. "This guy."

"Good one, Scott." The Davenport boy laughed as he caught the insult towards Bree. "It's funny because she's bad at her job."

Bree looked at her brother before she opened her mouth and shot back. "Yeah, well, I mean, I'd be better at it but I have things that get in the way like friends and a life." Scott turned around and let out a whistle, indicating for everyone in the store to gather around him.

"Listen up, guys. It's time for Tech Town's annual design-your-own-app contest!" He announced.

"Does the fun ever end around here?" Bree asked sarcastically and responding to that, Scott looked at her and laughed. "Yeah, usually when you show up."

Chase attempted to imitate his laugh, when Scott turned to him. "Don't do my laugh." He looked back at everyone, the customers and employees before explaining more on the app contest. "All entrants have 24 hours to upload their app to our website. Whoever has the most downloads by Friday wins a $500 gift card." He pulled the card out of his sock. "And please apply yourselves this year, I am so sick of winning."

"Don't you worry, Scott." Chase walked after him, creating a pun. "I am definitely going to app-ply myself."

"Uh, no more tech puns." Scott told him. "A lady complained to corporate."

Emilia chuckled and leaned closer to Bree before whispering. "That was me." The girl snickered in response, spotting her brother look between the two suspiciously.

The Hunter girl looked over at the clock to check the time before she let out an 'ooh' sound, seeing it was time to leave. "I have to leave. I promised Adam I'd watch him practice for his play. I'll be back later." She kissed Chase on the lips and said bye to Bree before she backed away and walked out of the store.