CHAPTER 148-REFLECTION

"People like us Asenath can never keep people Like Iris content. I threw planets and matter into worlds, ravaged planets but that wasn't enough to make Rhea stay. It always ends with one dead, and it never was me."

Mother's words filled my head as I walked inside my bed chambers. She was right, I could never make anyone happy for them to stay with me. Viktor was never meant to stay with me, how foolish of me to believe we could be.

Everything was in place, just as I remembered. I walked towards the mirror, where my reflection stared at me. The brown eyes looked so sad, tears slowly creeping from them. I sniffed, wiping them quickly.

From behind, the doors opened and the familiar Kayan woman appeared. Her dark eyes widened at my sight before she said my name.

"Asenath!"

I turned around to face her,"

"You are alive?" she was content and both confused.

"Darya," I opened my arms.

She did not move, her happiness slowly fading.

"Come to me, please!"

"I can't."

"Why?"

"I married. I am sorry."

Already? Why did she not wait for me just as I had asked to?

"You promised to wait..."

"You were dead! I believed you to be dead."

"Leave her for me, please." I begged.

"I won't. I love Yasha."

"You love everyone," my voice was filled with spite. "Your dead lover, me and now Yasha."

"Everyone loves everyone here." She said, "You for one should know this."

After that, she was gone, walking out of the room, and leaving me to cry my lungs out in pain.

~~~

ONE WEEK LATER

I could hear the baby's cries as I pushed the doors and entered the dark spacious room with velvet dark curtains that kept the sun out of the room.

The foreign perfume entered my nostrils as I found her, standing by the window, rocking the baby between her arms while begging it to hush. It was too hard to believe that it was really her, Natasha the Draugr queen, here in Amdelon playing maid.

"If you wish to harm me, you will not succeed." She spoke in her distinct voice,

"Why would you give up your power for such a life? To be kept prisoner in another planet?" I asked, closing the doors behind.

"The same reason you are here."

"I am here because I have seen a world where Evil takes over."

"So have I."

"Make me understand."

"The cyclops." She said, "He and the Celtic."

"Viktor has gone down a dark path because of you Natasha. He is sick, has Vegabond, no army and is on the path to vengeance. Why would you do this to him?"

"A sacrifice has to be made." She turned to face me. "Someone had to make it."

"It shouldn't have been you."

"Who then? Viktor wasn't exactly helping in anyway." She was cross. "He left it all in my shoulders, he gave it for you."

"Not me,"

"I know my brother. When he chose to dwell in Kayan, I know it was for you."

I shook my head, not believing any word uttered.

"I am queen of my people, I have to protect them, at any cost."

"You are desperate."

"Za'afiel and I will purge the Celtics, for they are associated with the cyclops."

I looked at the baby in her arms. She was just like her, pale with light eyes.

"And her? What happens to her?"

"She lives. She will join our people, Draugrs and Amdelonians. Khensani will join the two planets, to one empire."

"That is a fairytale." I said, "You are just enslaving your people to my people,"

"You sound just like Viktor. You know nothing. I have seen the new empire, one of gold bleeding Draugrs."

I was baffled by her words. They weren't what I expected, and strangely enough I understood why she did what she did. The vision was terrifying though, I could imagine what they could do, new species of Amdelon and Draugr blood.