CHAPTER 143-MORE ISSUES AT HAND

ASENATH POV

Viktor and I exchanged looks before he sighed, rubbing his forehead gracefully.

"Forgive me now but what?"

"The girl, Bjorn's lass has Amdelonian blood." Aaron spoke, "She escaped my clutches and I hear of her arrival in Celtic where she is queen."

"Amdelonian blood? That isn't...she could just be a mere Amdelonian. Not a cyclops. Cyclops are men, they can't be..."

"Abnormality, mutations...anything is possible." Aaron said, "Either ways, she is a threat to me, a thorn to be rid of."

"If she is a cyclops, does Za'afiel know that she stands? It is her duty to extinguish..."

"...We would love it if it remained a secret, between us." The red-haired spoke, "She is of Celtic matters anyways and we would love to resolve them as such."

"I am sorry, Celtic issues? You let a cyclops roam the galaxy freely. She...she is queen and leads the most barbaric people ever. How is that resolving anything?" Viktor questioned, "The cyclops should be at the top of the list!"

"I do not like yer tone prince Viktor." Aaron warned,

"I...we need to think, think whether we will continue with this war or not." I said quickly, "Right Viktor?"

"Should I remined ye that ye two came to me for a hand in war?" Aaron threatened, "Ye must honor the deal."

"Kill Za'afiel, the very same woman that leads an army against cyclops? You want to kill her?" Viktor asked,

"...and then we kill the cyclops after." The lady spoke, "Using the Amdelonian soldiers..."

"This is madness," I muttered.

"Fine!" Viktor gave in, "We will honor your deal. I have ten thousands of Draugr soldiers and a true blood. I submit it to a war against Za'afiel. What do you bring forth?"

"The equal number, plus our very own weapon."

"Weapon?"

"Dianmu." The lady spoke, "One of equal if not more power than any true blood."

"And where is this Dianmu?" I rose an eyebrow.

"Everywhere, here, there, with us." Her demeanor changed. Her eyes darkened and I saw it in her eyes, the beast that took my love Audacia from me.

I couldn't hold myself. A sword formed from my hand, and I aimed it for her throat, but she swiftly moved backwards, feet sliding on the ground before positioning her hands for battle. A smile curled up lips.

"Asenath!" Viktor warned.

"There it is!" I said, "That thing I told you about, the thing that took Zaleria from us!"

"You need to calm down...please Asenath."

"You killed my love." I said through gritted teeth.

She said nothing, face plastered like a clay doll. A smile curled up her lips, and I could see just how she lusted my death.

"Dianmu will not attack," Aaron spoke, "You must keep yer beast in chains Prince."

"I will." Viktor said, "Asenath!"

I did not move, magic burning in my hands. Blood rushed to my brains, and I could hear the beating of my heart in my ears.

"Asenath, I beg of you." Viktor's tone was calm, "Please."

I paused, the magic dying from my hands. My vision cleared and I saw the Celtic guards ready to attack, ready to kill me and Viktor. Tears slowly ran down my cheeks as I dissolved the sword and retreated.

It was no use fighting, not when we were outnumbered.