CHAPTER 116-DANCE WITH ME

Kayan's first moon looked down at us from above while Viktor and I walked down the garden of roses. A dose of my blood seemed to have helped him back to his feet and he looked strong just like his old self.

"You tell me, your mother was a slave?" he asked, following me behind.

"Yes. Za'afiel removed everything about her when she died, so it was not easy to know. She had no name too."

"She was Kayan, you claim?"

"Ah yes, do you think it is funny though how I was so fixated at fixing slavery. I did not even know that I was a product of it."

"It is hard to believe. No wonder you bore so much love for these people, you have their blood."

"Yes well," I sighed, "This makes things hard now. It is all just personal now, knowing that the Amdelonians will return kills me."

"Natasha's reply to my letter was rude. Her fear for the cyclops, her blinded loyalty, she believes in Za'afiel."

"And the Emperor is just using her." I said, "Isn't she supposed to read minds? Why can't she read Za'afiel's?"

"Love is blind."

"Love? Are they really in love now?"

"My spy claims that Za'afiel pursued Natasha when she left for Noch, our home. Natasha is blinded, she loves Za'afiel too much."

"Let me speak with her."

"Who?"

"Za'afiel. I will speak with my mother."

"And risk her killing you? You can't possibly go to Amdelon."

"I won't. I will have her come here. She already knows that I live anyways, and she can't break the oath that she signed with Natasha too. I will have her come here so that we can talk."

"You are playing with fire Asenath," he said, "But...I must say, fire can be exciting sometimes."

"If this goes as planned, Natasha will come as well, and you can have a word with her."

"Words, oh please Asenath she deserves a slap."

"About that," I turned to face him, "...I still haven't forgiven you for striking me."

"You should have denied me your blood."

"Apologize."

"I...forgive me."

"Why should I?"

"...because I...it was very unlike what my father raised me to be."

"Will you do it again?"

"Will you let me?"

"No."

"Then I won't." he swore, "Come now,"

He walked past me, and I followed him further into the garden. He picked a rose before handing it to me. I took it and smiled.

"Do you know how to dance?" I asked him.

"Yes, I do, in Draugr manner of course."

"How is that?"

"Your hand," he reached out his hand.

I grabbed it and he pulled me closer. His other hand rested on my waist, and he began to move slowly. I looked at his feet and followed his every step.

"Fast learner?"

"Yes,"

We moved slowly and once I learned his movement, I began to move as well, our feet following each other. It was like fighting, following, and letting your body take lead. My feet left the floor, and he brought me in the air before spinning around and my feet touched the ground again.

We were so much like the sun and moon, spinning around each other , one rising and one falling. I was the sun, he was the moon.