CHAPTER 03-KING'S DAUGHTER

PLANET CELTIC

LEIF POV

"Ye do not run! When they come for ye, ye stand up strong and wield ye weapon. Ye look them in the eyes, ye don't show fear and ye strike 'em in the heart." He whispered, his meaty and dirty hand resting on my shoulder. "Ye understand?"

"Aye." I nodded firmly.

"Good. Show no fear," he spoke before moving back and allowing me to enter the arena. The armor that I wore felt uncomfortable and I adjusted it quickly before placing the heavy hammer over my shoulder.

Men and women cheered loudly from the seats, watching. I walked down the sandy ground, my heart loud inside my ears. I had to prove to father and everyone else that I was a strong warrior, the daughter of Bjorn.

This was my final training, if I succeeded, I was going to join my father's army.

The cage from below the arena began to open and the crowd yelled loudly. My forehead frowned as I pushed one leg back before resting both hands on the hammer's handle. The scarlet eyes shone from the darkness before the scaley creature rushed out, two of its head screeching loudly.

She was ready for blood. I watched as she flew for up in the sky, spreading her wings apart and creating a shadow above me. The chain around her ankles held her down from leaving the arena and they rattled as she soured high enough, pulling her down. She then flew down and I waited. Her heads raced for me, and I quickly rolled out of the way before finding balance, but her tail smacked me onto the walls.

I grunted, landing on my knees before looking up. Her heads aimed for me, and I quickly swung the hammer before throwing it at her. I hit the side of her first head, and she moved backwards and cried loudly.

"Come on!" I yelled, running cross the arena. She followed me, her claws reaching for me. I dodged them, rolling over before grabbing my weapon and swinging it up her face. Green blood splattered and she stumbled backwards.

I then swung the hammer again, hit the other head and she hit the ground, with a loud thud. My chest rose and fell while sweat glistened from my forehead. The crowd cheered loudly while I waited for her to get up.

She did not move, and the horn was blown, indicating my victory.

"Aye!!" I cheered, raising my hammer, my eyes finding my father who sat with his wives. He touched his long and braided auburn beard, a look of dissatisfaction on his face. My face slowly faded. Of course, he was not proud.

"Leif!" the voice of my mentor yelled from the exit of the arena.

I nodded before walking out of the arena. I began to take off the face helmet before throwing the hammer over to my good mentor Ragnar. He caught it and his face smiled.

"That was good! Ye knock out that dragon in a flash!"

"I am tired." I answered, pulling off the breast plates. "I need a bath."

"Need company?" he teased.

"No!" I snorted, walking away while removing the bandaging around my fists.

~~

My hands carefully wringed my wet hair while I succumbed to the warm waters. A sign left my lips as I closed my eyes, resting my hands before the cold edge of the pool. I was not at peace.

The approaching footsteps troubled my silence. I turned around and saw father. He slowly walked over to the opposite side, carrying a foreign helmet made form iron. I looked up at him.

"If that was a war, ye would have been dead." He spoke.

"I did great," I spoke in defense.

"Yer too slow, ye move like a baby Leif."

"I am yer baby."

"Ye are not ready."

My face fell.

"Ye are not ready for the army Leif. Ye are not ready to leave my side. Yer are weak, too weak, a disgrace."

"Marry me off then! Just like all ye daughters!"

"Ye are not ready. Ye are not disciplined."

"Discipline me then!"

"No."

"No?" my voice broke.

"I lost yer mother in battle, the Amdelonians tore her apart Leif. This, this was her helmet. Ye look at it, look at it closely. Death. Death Leif. Ye are not going to join the army. Ye are going to stay here, tend to the affairs of Celtic and her colonies."

"Celtic barely has any colonies. The Amdelonians took over yer colonies."

"We have Yanus, Ellios and Aries. Ye will handle the affairs of Yanus."

"I will do no such." I argued, "No, I refuse."

"You cannot refuse yer king!"

"Yer are not my King!" I yelled, my voice echoing. "Yer are not my king...ye are my father." I whispered the last part.

"No. I am yer King, first and foremost. Ye will abide to my rules Leif."

My eyes burned while I watched him leave the helmet by the tiled floor before walking away, his heavy footsteps fading away. I despised him. I loathed him with my very being.