CHAPTER 138-SURROGATE MOTHER

ASENATH POV

"We have no army, the remaining Draugrs that I have don't even add up to two hundred. I don't have help from the mother planet Noch, if anything they want me dead and Kayan has no men fit for war." Viktor spoke, standing by the window, watching the night sky.

"How about the Warmongers? They hate The Emperor as much as we do. If we can get to their king Bjorn..."

"Bjorn?"

"Yes. He is Za'afiel's sworn enemy."

"Warmongers?" he laughed at the name, "You call the Celtic people, Warmongers?"

"Yes, we do."

"Interesting,"

"He is the one man that will want to side with us." I spoke.

"Alright then, let us try the Celtic King, see if he can agree to the war." He was uncertain, "We need him to agree to our terms of the war."

"I could get mercenaries too," I suggested.

"They are too expensive. We won't be able to pay them all," he said,

"I will fight as well. I am equivalent to five hundred men if not more. My magic will surely kill numbers." I added.

"You're not a warrior Asenath."

"We don't have many options here. Za'afiel will strike again and this time it will be you on that cross and me by your feet. I have magic and that alone is an advantage. I will fight."

He sighed.

"War isn't luxury, not if we want to win. I have to go out as well."

"Alright then, you will. I can't stop you anyways."

"Za'afiel is my responsibility. I have to end her."

"Natasha is mine, she and that ratchet baby." There was sadness in his voice.

"Viktor."

"I'm listening."

"I...what will be terms once the war is won? What do you intend to do as King?"

"I don't know. What about you? You do know that once Za'afiel dies, you have to be the new Emperor, right?"

"I ...I intend to stay in Kayan. I would love to remain here, with you."

"Kayan isn't my home." He said solemnly.

It could be. Home wasn't a place nor planet. Home was the people you loved.

~~~

The curved ceiling looked down at me. I watched it as well, the approaching footsteps forcing me to look before me. Shiloh appeared, a smile plastered on her old face. Her brown eyes were filled with warmth.

"You returned."

"I had to."

"Please, come with me."

I followed her towards the stairs on the far left of the building. We walked up the steps, our footsteps echoing. This place was so divine and strangely enough, I felt connected to the long gone.

"The long gone speak to us all. We just have to listen attentively." She said, "Yours have spoken and you have listened."

"What is this place?"

"A temple."

"Temple?"

"Yes, here we are closer to our ancestors. Here, we are nobody but vessels of the long gone."

"I want to reach out to them, to someone. Will you help me?"

"Reach out?"

"My surrogate mother. I need to reach out to her."

"Reaching out to the long gone can have consequences, especially ones that died tragically."

"I need to reach out to her. Please, I need you to help me."

"We do not perform miracles, no one does but I assure you that I will help you heal spiritually."

I nodded.