CHAPTER 121-I WANTED THIS

ASENATH POV

"Romiv," I said, seeing the Draugr man step out of Viktor's chamber. "How is he?"

"He has calmed down," he answered, "How about you?"

"I am fine." I huffed. "May I come in?"

"I don't think he will mind."

I walked towards the door before pushing it open and entering the dark space. I closed the door behind before walking towards the table where he sat on the velvet chair, hands clasped together before him.

"Viktor?"

"Why didn't you leave?"

"Leave?"

"With Iris? You two would have been far away by now."

"Stop reading my mind." I said, pushing away the books before sitting on the table and looking down at him.

"You would have been happy, safe."

"I can never be that, at least not while Za'afiel is alive."

"I will retake my throne." He said. "I will retake my position as king of the Draugrs."

"How?"

"I will leave for Noch. I want you to come with me."

"Who will look after Kayan?" I asked.

"The chair of men, Romiv, many will. Please Asenath, I want you to come with me."

"I hear you. Very well, we will leave for planet Noch but you need to promise me something."

"What?"

"You will remain calm."

"I promise."

"Good." I said, "And...I want you to know that I will do whatever I have to do for you to be king. I have your back."

"I know." He huffed, spreading his hands on the table, "I know!"

"You can read minds, don't you? Tell me, can you read emotions? Feelings?"

"Aren't thoughts feelings?"

"Maybe, I don't know anything anymore Viktor. I just...everything doesn't make sense when I see her."

"Nothing makes sense for her as well." He said, "She had convinced herself that she was not going to be weak when she saw you, but she couldn't, you're her weakness."

"She's mine as well." I looked down in embarrassment, "It isn't healthy."

"Everything happens for a reason," he said, "When the time is right, you will both decide what you want."

I pray that time never comes. I was afraid of the decision that was to make in the future.

~~~

There is a place that I know

Far from the wars, out in the heart of the sun

Dance with me now, around the fiery god

On the long path, where we talk to our god

Dance with the fire, dance with the free at night

Dance you and I, we'll be ashes when the sun rise

She sang in her sweet delicate voice, while rocking the six-year-old Asenath. I watched from the distance, seeing the nameless woman rock her little girl while touching the curls of the young me.

She was beautiful, her dark hair fell in lose waves and her skin was of red clay. Her eyebrows were perfectly arched, and she had prominent nose and beautiful full lips. The gods had perfectly crafted her, from her hair down to the curve of her spine and hips and feet.

Her eyes found me, and she smiled. She could see me, and I knew it.

"Who are you?" she asked, while rocking my younger self.

"Me?" I touched my chest.

"Yes, you. Who are you?"

"Asenath. I am your daughter."

"I never wanted this," her face was troubled, "I never wanted any of this Asenath!"

"Ma...ma,"

"I never wanted you to be like this,"

"Ma," I reached out to touch but her, but she disappeared with her child, leaving me alone under the blooming jacaranda tree.

Her words stayed with me. She never wanted this.