CHAPTER 72-THE KAYAN DILEMMA

ASENATH POV

PLANET KAYAN

"The gods have truly answered my prayers, I have a true blood within my presence," The fat Kayan prince spoke enthusiastically, his chubby hands placed together. "Welcome to my kingdom!"

" I believe you know why we are here," Iris spoke from my side, "Your men claimed to have seen a cyclops here. Give them to us."

"...Before we begin making such decisions, please, take a seat." He gestured at the chairs before the long table. "What would you like? We have the finest of food and drinks."

"Amir, that is your name, right?" I said,

"Yes, my princess."

"I believe you heard what was being said to you by my...by this soldier here," I spoke, "Give to us the witnesses and we will find and kill the cyclops ourselves."

"Alright, but you do know that nothing is for free right?"

"Pardon?"

"I need you to do something for me too."

"I am listening."

"The Draugrs." He said, "If you rid of the blood feeding Draugrs, I will hand over the witnesses to you."

I couldn't help but laugh shortly. He was one sly bastard!

"We will have the witnesses one way or the other." Iris pulled out her sword. This caused all the man inside the room to pull out their weapons as well, ready to attack.

"Careful now," Amir warned.

"We are Amdelonians. What makes you think that this mere army will do any harm to us?" She asked him, "I will cut through this building easily and you know it too."

"If you do that, you will not receive what you came here for."

"I love the odds," Iris brought her sword on the first guard, decapitating his head before shoving it inside the nest man. This caused the rest of the men to move back in fear.

I could see the fear in Amir's eyes.

"You thought that you would have it easy, since The emperor wasn't here, is that it?" I asked him, taking a step forward.

"Please, let us not get hasty. Very well! I will let you have the witnesses." He took a step back.

"Gutting you would be fun Amir," I said before turning around and walking out of the room. My footsteps echoed as Iris followed me from behind.

"You...you will have just as you wish princess!" Amir's voice yelled from behind, "I will get the witnesses for you!"

Of course, he was. He had no choice.

Our footsteps echoed as we walked down the hallways of Amir's castle. This whole palace would not stand if it wasn't for the Amdelonians. My mother had done so much for this man for him to repay us this way.

Taking The Kayan Republic would not be a bad idea. He owed us anyways for his sly ways. I loved the architecture of the building. I wanted it as mine.

"I will have a look at the witnesses. You need to stay put." Iris spoke from behind.

"Stay put?" I turned around to face her, "Meaning?"

"You know what I mean. Just...stay vigilant."

"I am always vigilant."

"Alright then," she walked past me.

"So, what did she say?"

"Pardon?" she looked over her shoulder,