CHAPTER 79-WELCOME

ASENATH POV

"When the cyclops spread in the universe, they pose a threat to the natural order, destroying planets and feeding on everything that had flesh. They had great strength, pushing over ancient temples and toppling the strongest of men." Natasha spoke, while lighting the fancy candle stand.

"...my people, were their favorite to devour. Thousands of Draugrs fell during those years, victims to the cyclops. That was until my father joined forces with the Amdelonians. The Emperor Ayat and my father signed an agreement, that after the war, there would be peace between us. He swore to protect the next generation of gods, those who bleed gold. He swore to die in their name."

"If that is case, why hasn't mother called any of your people in her wars?" I asked, seated on the black and long dinner table, wiping the glasses.

"I heard Za'afiel is one proud Emperor, your mother." She answered, "She would rather die than ask for help from her mother's alliances. Za'afiel abandoned the truces formed by her mother, she is one of no reason but wrath as her name says."

"And you believe I am no different?" I asked, examining the bottle of red beverage. Was it blood?

"That isn't blood. When we feed, we feed on live prey." She said, carefully placing the forks on the napkins.

"You have been in my mind lately. How do you do that?"

"Draugrs have the ability to dig into thoughts. Forgive me, I cannot control my abilities as of yet. How rude!"

"I understand. I have not perfected my skills yet. My magic is weak lately."

"It must be the ship." She said, "It tends to weaken magic."

"This is a ship?"

"Yes."

"Unbelievable! I believed this to be a castle."

"It is a ship, we have been away from home."

Loud footsteps entered the room, Hand I looked up to see the devil that was the reason for me being here. Shame befell his face as he walked towards the table, hands placed behind his back.

I grabbed a knife from the table, but Natasha quickly warned,

"He will not harm you, I swear."

"He tried to kill me!" I spat.

"That was then...now...I have a change of heart." He spoke the words, as if they brought pain to him. "I was ill guided, my eyes blinded..."

"Eyes blinded my foot! If there is anything I hate more than Warmongers, it is people like you, who think that they can do as they please with me."

He fell on his knee.

"May the god, she who bleeds gold forgive me?"

I looked at Natasha. She slowly nodded, advocating for her brother's change of heart.

"I am Asenath, not a god. You may rise." I spoke quickly,

"Thank you" he rose to his feet.

"Now, may we all sit around the table?" Natasha said, opening the chairs.

I glared at Viktor before walking over to take a seat around the table. He began to move as well, taking a seat on the table as well. After that, the wall before us began to separate, revealing the large hall filled with Draugrs, species of white skins, eyes, and hair.

They were hundreds of them, seated before more tables from below. Dim candles lit the hall and soft voices filled my ears, whispers from the men and women below. They began to look up at where we sat, their faces changing.

"We swore an oath, signed in blood and ink that we would be to the aid of gods, those who bleed gold." Lukyan spoke, appearing from where Viktor had entered. His voice echoed as he walked to stand before the people.

"It is time to honor that oath. Amongst us, we have the granddaughter of Ayat, a god."

The room was quiet.

"She is to dwell with us, for as long as she wishes,"

My eyes found Viktor and he looked displeased.

"Asenath, welcome." Lukyan turned to face me.

I nodded.

"Now, let us feast." He announced before walking to the table where we sat. I watched Viktor, and his face could not hide how displeased he was of the situation. He drank from his glass, his eyes shiny with fury.

"I trust you apologized to the god here," Lukyan spoke to his son.

"Yes, father I did apologize to Asenath." He said,

"Why do you call..."

"Didn't you hear her? She prefers to be called Asenath and not a god." He interrupted Natasha.

"True," I said, watching Natasha dish up for me. "I would love to be called just Asenath, if that is alright."

"Of course," Natasha said softly.

"If I may," I said, "I sense that you are not well Lukyan. Are you alright?'

"Am I?" he chuckled, cutting through the meat before him.

Viktor had claimed to want to save his life, the reason he had even captured me.

"I can be of assistance." I suggested,

"You can't cure old age."

"Except it isn't." Viktor spoke.

"Viktor..." Lukyan warned,

"You have children to live for, do not forget that." Viktor interrupted. "Her blood can cure you and you know this."

"Are we really having this conversation now?" Natasha complained.

"We will have it until your father makes a decision."

"I made my decision a long time ago." Lukyan told his children. "I did and I will stand by it."

"The Draugrs need a king." Viktor spoke,

"And You will be that king."

"Perhaps we can have this conversation some other time." Natasha jumped in, "Please."

"Very well." Viktor gave in, "For your sake."

"Thank you, brother."

I guess family fights during dinner were a universal thing then, not just something that my mother and I did because we could not stand each other.