47

~Loki's POV~

We had been at the party for roughly an hour now and everyone was a little less on the drinking side today more so participating in the crowds and the Christmas festivities taking place, Tony made sure to include as much Christmas festivities as he could to show Y/n what Christmas was really like and at each one her face would light up like I'd never seen it.

"Alright, we're going to play a Christmas quiz now but we'll be doing this in teams. So everyone make your teams." Tony announced to the room, there were quite a few people so there were tables set out for everyone with all the Avengers sat together around one themselves.

"We can just stay as a team?" Nat called as a semi-question to us all, she was sat besides Steve rather closely now that I think about it, beside Steve was Bucky holding hands with Sam on his other side while Clint sat next with Vision then Wanda beside Jane who was holding Modi with Thor on her side keeping Modi entertained and beside Thor I was sat with one arm draped across the back of Y/n's chair slouched ever so slightly holding Y/n's hand in her lap and she sat beside Nat.

"That sounds good." Some Avengers couldn't attend tonight like Peter and Bruce since Peter had something important taking place with school and Bruce was extremely close to a break through but would definitely be joining us tomorrow.

"I'm not sure I'll be of any use for the quiz." Y/n states timidly almost saddened to which I lean down and press a light kiss to her exposed shoulder feeling some of her tension melt away.

"There will be a few that you'll know, Christmas quizzes tend to ask questions about movies, TV shows and some factual things that people half know any way. You'll be fine, besides we're a team." Y/n nods with a smile before taking a swig from her red wine, it had surprised me when she told me she had loved red wine but it made sense since it was similar to drinks in Asgard that she enjoyed.

"Okay, is everyone ready?" there's a chorus of yes's heard throughout the room and that's when Tony begins the quiz, our table was one of the most engrossed tables getting rather into each question and being thorough with the answers we were giving on the piece of paper. Y/n answered quite a few movie related questions but all round didn't do too bad in general making her pleasantly surprised at how simple but fun the quiz was.

"Alright, once you're done writing the final answer write your team's name on the paper and my beautiful assistant Pepper. Ow!" our entire table sniggered at the smack he had earned from his wife for his comment.

"I mean WIFE, will collect them and winners will be announced soon but that's it for the activities feel free to dance and drink away!" the room immediately becomes bustling again before a tiny whine can be heard at our table and we look over to see Jane struggling a bit with Modi.

"I think she's getting tired and restless." Jane looked a little sad to this.

'Hey Lokes.' I smile lightly.

'Yes dove?' I glance to my right to see her bite her lip slightly.

'What if we baby sat Modi for the rest of the evening, I kind of don't feel like dancing or drinking anymore I just want to cuddle up with a hot chocolate.' my smile grows wider at her words before I lean over and place a chaste kiss to the side of her head and turn my attention to a talking Thor and Jane.

"Me and Y/n are happy to watch Modi for the rest of the night, we're not feeling the party anymore." the couple glance between one another before Jane passes Modi over to Y/n who happily cuddles the baby in her arms.

"If you guys are sure of course." Jane asks sweetly and as we look to Y/n she was already away in her own little world with the baby.

"Yes, we're sure. Have fun guys." I stand up nudging Y/n as I do so to which she stands too waving to the others who bid us a good night, as we walk from the room we stop by Pepper and Tony.

"Hey guys, this was amazing and I loved it but I just want to settle down now if that's alright." I rest my hand on the small of Y/n's back as she informs the pair.

"Of course, we're glad you enjoyed it." Pepper responds as Tony nods already getting into his drinking and we bid one another a good night before heading straight to the floor our room is on. Once we get to our room I take my niece from Y/n's arms earning a confused look.

"You can go and get changed first." she shakes her head with a smile.

"This is just so you can spend a moment with the baby before I take her, isn't it?" 

"Well you always have the baby and coddle her so yes, it is." she laughs a little before getting change while I played with Modi on the bed, she was perfectly fine now she was away from the party. After a few minutes Y/n had finished and taken her hair out and wiped her make up off immediately out stretching her arms for the baby, I roll my eyes but pass over the baby as she gets settled in our bed with her turning on the TV. I use my magic to change me into comfy wear being shirtless since I tend to over heat and that wasn't good for me considering who I was.

"So, what are we going to watch?" I ask Y/n while I get comfy beside the two girls, Modi crawling to sit between us and I magic some toys to sit in front of her on the ned which she happily started to play with. 

"Well, I haven't seen the original Santa Clause movie yet and Modi might like it too." at that she found the movie and put it on as we snuggled down making sure Modi was safe between us. It was a simple evening and I could tell Y/n was very content with her stay at Midgard getting to be around Modi and so was I; I finally got a break but there was this unnerving feeling something big was going to be building up until eventually we'd have to deal with it.