10

~Y/n's POV~

A knock sounded on the grand doors to my room of which I spent time admiring and looking at the large bookcase, for the remainder of the time I just read books by the open doored balcony there was no better feeling than that moment. I got up placed the book aside and opened the door to see three ladies all dressed in the same dresses, these were probably the maids.

"Lady, the Queen requested our presence here to get you ready for the evening." I smiled gently noticing they did not look st me directly.

"Of course, please come in." They quickly enter the room and one heads immediately to the wardrobe, one to gather hair supplies and the other guided me to have a seat and started the make up as the other came back and started my hair.

"Don't worry, you have natural beauty we won't go heavy just enhance it." I smile very happy with what she had said.

"I trust you all." We fell into a silence as they worked and towards the end of both hair and makeup the other maid walked out of the bedroom holding a floor length emerald green dress with very small.gold accents running through the fabric. (See above for the image).

"The dress is stunning." I state to no one in particular and watch as they smile in response to my comment.

"Is it not too much for a banquet?" I question to the maid in front of me who stopped and smiled at me.

"Here elegant is quite normal especially for women of higher stature and since you have journeyed with the Princes and been put under Royal care it is expected of you try a little more compared to others." I hum in understanding.

"What is your name?" At this all three of them stop and share glances making me confused.

"Did I say something wrong?" The maid before me clears her throat and shakes her head before going over to help with the dress so ai couls step into it.

"No Lady, its just uncommon for maids or servers to talk as much as this and to be asked their names." I make an 'Oh' shape with my lips before stripping and letting them help me into the dress before the only one to talk to me goes to do it up.

"Well, I would still like to know your name." I state to her behind my back, I quite liked her she had long dirty blonde hair that shimmered beautifully in the light and was about my height.

"Astary." I smile.

"That's a beautiful name, nice to meet you Astary I am Y/n. I'd prefer if you'd call me that from now on." As I say this she finishes tying the dress and I turn to her and step into the heels she prepared.

"Of course, La- Y/n." I smile sweetly at her once the heels are done and stand to look at myself in the mirror entirely and it was so elegant more than I anticipated but not too much for this place I suppose. I take a breath before turning to the maids.

"You did a marvellous job, thank you. I was wondering if you could direct me to where the banquet is." I request shyly to which Astary smiles and nods.

"Of course, follow me the others have duties elsewhere but I have been assigned as your personal maid." I was glad to hear it was her so I follow as she guides me from the quarters and down the glorious halls.

"How long have you served here?" I was intrigued at the system here.

"Most of my life. Many servants here are usually offspring of previous or selected by the Kings guard." I nod in understanding, not unhappy nor happy with the answer overall. Pretty soon we reached the room of the banquet that overlooked the courtyard and was bustling with people with few dancing many were eating, nervously I walked into the room and was immediately spotted by Frigga who made her way towards me and consumed me in a hug.