22

~Y/n's POV~

"M'Lady, it is time for dinner." I had spent all evening with Mystique washing her thoroughly then moving on to trimming down her fur not too much but enough to look well kept, tending to her hooves and finally spending the rest of my time trying to get her use to the idea of a saddle. She was perfectly fine with her reigns though I requested for newer much sturdier ones in a black and gold design, the saddle would match her pure white fur colour as to not take away from her beauty at all. I had gotten nowhere but I had sworn she was mocking me at this point since my attire was muddied and battered but I put the saddled away and turned to the guard.

"Okay thank you I will be there soon." he nods before leaving me be as I turn to stare my horse dead in the eyes.

"This isn't over, maybe I should have named you troublemaker instead of Mystique." I get a huff in response as I shake my head and wipe my hands off, I knew it was improper to show for dinner as mucky as I was but I was starving and did not want to waste time so I got a few looks from people as I headed towards the dining room but once I got there and entered I received a smirk from Loki, a smile from Frigga and a little laugh from Jane.

"Sorry I am a little late." I call as I take my seat beside Loki and start to eat the food before me.

"And a little mucky."

"What happened?" Jane questioned as I lightly elbowed Loki.

"Well, I recently tamed your supposedly dangerous horse and have spent the past evening tending to her and most of trying to get her to wear a saddle. I'm almost positive she was mocking me by the end." this earned a chorus of laughs from the three as I frowned.

"Seems she's really building a bond between you already." I nod at Frigga's comment.

"Jane, congratulations on the engagement as well. I am happy for you both." I watch her look down at her ring before beaming her pearly white teeth at me.

"Thank you! I cannot wait to marry him in a few weeks." it was lovely to see her so happy, they were truly in love and perfect for one another it made me only hope me and Loki will be that way.

"You will make one another very happy." she nods at my comment with a blush before wiping her mouth with a cloth and standing up.

"I was wondering if you'd like to walk with me?" I look down at my attire before giving her a certain look to which she waves off.

"Please, you look fine. It's refreshing to see a woman not care so much about living up to publics expectations here."

"I agree with her, it has been very refreshing to have you around and for more years to come hopefully." I smile at Frigga's comment before bidding them goodbye, but before I left with Jane I turned to Loki I wanted to know what our sleeping situation would be like here.

"It is up to you dove, I will be in my quarters." I nod knowing I would definitely stay there tonight before finally heading off with Jane arms linked together.

"I have a feeling there is a point to this walk." she sighs before putting her arms up in surrender and walking over to a near by balcony so I follow and face her.

"You're good at reading people, I had a question." I look to her slightly worried.

"Go for it." me and Jane had gotten quite close over our time together, though a little short we spent almost all spare time we had with one another and had practically become sisters at this point.

"We have gotten so close, you're practically my sister and it would be a great honour if you would say yes to being my maid of honour." I smile brightly.