35

~Y/n's POV~

"Mystique I swear to god, you did this fine when Loki did it." here I was yet again with my stupid horse trying to get her to wear the saddle but she was being stubborn yet again, the week since the wedding had passed and Thor had just taken the Avengers home I promised to visit for half a year next time. After taking home the Avengers Jane and Thor went back themselves for their honeymoon period since Thor wanted to explore more of Midgard and Jane adored her original home planet, a few days ago Thor had talked to his parents about what Jane talked to me about the morning of the wedding and he was now not being considered for role of King. Loki was then talked to by his parents and told they were happy with either outcome and that meant Loki would now go under proper training for when he was ready to take title of king, Loki was highly unsure but since he was the only semi-biological option left for Asgard he didn't want to let anyone down so agreed.

I was proud of Loki but it meant he was going to have more of a schedule for a while until he was ready or we ended up marrying, he and I had both agreed we weren't ready to get married any time soon we were happy with how things were for the moment besides Loki wanted to focus on the thought of actually being future King now. 

Granted I got a little bored around here but I was given complete freedom to do as I pleased, the King and Queen were very grateful to me for protecting Asgard and the galaxy enough to risk my life and considered me as one of them now regardless of titles or not. Frigga had warmed up to me and we were quite close now, she wanted to focus more of her free time to teaching me to use my full power a lot more including the soul bond and when Loki had time he joined us for those sessions as well.

It felt nice to relax a little I had busied myself at the stables a lot more in my free time or in the library finally picking up reading again, the newest thing was learning how to spar with Lady Sif I wanted to be prepared for situations when my power closed itself off since it had it's own mind too. And after the Crucibles when I was rendered helpless for a good while I feared for if it happened again so when I asked Sif she agreed happily, we had gotten quite close and it was nice to have a woman around that was like Natasha or Wanda. Right now, I was spending time trying to train Mystique more but again she was being stubborn overly on purpose and it was beginning to drive me insane I had even tried to be the same way as Loki was a week or so ago.

"Mystique, please. I am going insane you practically chose me but find it funny to torture me." I decided to give up and just put the saddle away and walk over to the horse who let me approach her and stoke her for a moment.

"You know a saddle is needed to keep me safe right? Why is it such a huge deal for you?" I was silent for a moment and think back to the day I met the horse and won over her caring attitude and I remembered how battered and fearful she looked and that's when it hit me.

"I guess it makes you feel trapped, huh?" she nods her head in response to my comment and I look over at the saddle before back at her.

"If you wear reigns only you never have to wear a saddle, ever. Deal?" I get a noise of agreement before tying the reigns to her and readying her for a little ride through the forest, I wanted to spend some time to myself outside of these walls Loki knew what I was doing and was fine with the idea. I didn't need permission but since I was practically an honorary royal here it was courtesy of me to make sure it was alright, Loki had assured me I could go about as I pleased without asking but it was just the way I was wired.

"Austin, I'm going for a little ride." I had spent time with Austin and Astary quite a lot which others found incredibly odd but I did not care at all, I liked the two of them and their relationship was adorable. I found out Loki and Clive were quite close because Loki would tell him stories often of his adventures and Clive understood that Loki was a little busier now so I would make sure to share few words with him while I was here.

"Of course Y/n, enjoy your ride." I smile in thanks before climbing atop of Mystique a little oddly since she refused to wear a saddle but once on it wasn't that bad at all, before I rode off I turned to Austin.

"We won't need the saddle anymore, I've given up. We've come to an understanding, feel free to donate it or store it." he nodded going to grab the saddle while I rode off in the direction of the forest ready to enjoy a peaceful day in the woods.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Loki's POV~

"If we distribute already full stocked supplies from other medical centres evenly to those that have not been given new supplies at all, then we will send guards to intercept the border f the town with the next deliveries and gather information on what is going on." currently we were in the King's office discussing matters throughout Asgard, my father found it important that I started to take care of a few matters myself so today that was what I was doing. He would be giving me no input until after I had made the decisions where we would discuss what he would have done differently and whether what I had done was the right thing, he made sure that I knew the importance that each ruler done things differently.

"Yes sir." one of the guards said before leaving the room and I could finally sit down.

"Everything alright Loki?" I sighed before looking at my father.

"We have been here all morning and it's getting tedious." 

"Son, this is the work of a King I was the same way at first but you're doing incredibly well. It's going to feel tedious to begin with but you'll get used to it and it helps to have a strong queen at your side." I smile at my father's words he truly adored my mother and she kept him in line but was always there when he needed a strong hand at ruling but not just for ruling but for everything.

"It has seemed to do you good." I smirk over at my father which makes him smile a little.

"And it will do you good as well, I quite like Y/n don't let her go." I nod.

"Don't worry if I did, that would be the worst thing I'd ever do but I won't be ready for a while and we aren't going to marry for a while either." I reminded him, it was important he knew to not expect too much of us especially since everything that has happened in our past lives.

"Of course son, I understand." a guard enters the room holding a stack of papers and I sighed knowing we had to get back to training and decision making and that is what I did, it was a good distraction from being separated from Y/n all day and I was at least thankful for that.