12

~Y/n's POV~

"Are we meant to be in here stealing food?" I ask sat on the island counter top as I watched him scan through the food and out two small plates together.

"It isn't stealing...borrowing and not giving it back. Besides I'm a Prince I have authority over them." he responds but I give him a look as he walks over and sits facing me on the countertop.

"So, no." he nods.

"Yeah, no. But here eat this." I look at the food to se slices of chicken with three potatoes and carrot sticks, it wasn't much but it was enough so I didn't go hungry.

"Thank you Loki." he nods to me as we sit there in silence and eat together, it wasn't awkward or uncomfortable but the complete opposite. 15 minutes in we heard some commotion from the other room and immediately look at one another, we both quietly put our plates down and get of the countertop.

"What do we do, oh powerful Prince!" he gives me a warning look before grabbing my hand and running from the room.

"Loki, what did you do?" I could tell this wasn't just about going to get food he had that mischievous look on his face.

"Well, I couldn't help myself." I pull him to a stop and give him a look.

"I messed with the kitchen staff and the guards...by mixing their condiments and changing their armour colour." I give him a shocked look before turning to a yell to see the guards in pink armour, I covered my mouth trying hard to not laugh before turning back to Loki and scanning the area and noticing a barley noticeable alcove in the wall covered quite a bit by a plant so I grab his arm before running over there past the corner and pulling him into the alcove with me.

"Shh." I whisper to which he nods as we hear the guards run past the alcove trying to track where we went, once they fully past we each let out a breathless laugh and I look up at Loki. It was that moment that made me realise I was completely attracted to the man before me and had been for a good while, and I don't know what made me do so but I let the supposed bond take control which ended up in me leaning forward and capturing his soft, chilled lips in my own. It wasn't messy, sloppy, a make out and nor did it have any lust it was innocent and pure; after a minute I pulled away and no one said a thing except heavy breathing could be heard on my behalf but he stepped out from the alcove and I watched as he left down the hall. I stared on hurt and confused as he didn't say anything but just left, after a moment I decide to come out from hiding and head back to my quarters. 

Once I got to my quarters I didn't bother changing or with the bedroom or even with a book, I just sat on the floor and leant against the door staring out the floor length window wondering if he hated it, liked it, thought similar to me or now want nothing to do with me. Whatever it was, I wasn't ready to add it to the pile of problems and I was prepared for another sleepless night so that I didn't fall victim to my night terrors. 

It had been a good few hours and it was now morning, yet again I heard a knock on my door but chose to ignore it before it happened again.

"Lady Y/n, it is your maid. Your presence is needed in the same place as yesterday, can I help you?"

"No. Thank you Astary." I didn't hear anything more from the other side of the door, but I decided to act as though nothing had occurred last night and go back to how me and Loki were before coming here. So I got up off the floor and decided to keep my outfit on and make my way to the same room from yesterday plastering a tired smile on my face before making it to the room and deciding to just walk in and sit down eating some breakfast, I don't sit as close to Loki this time though.

"Good morning." I smile before eating some food.

"Y/n, my wife has agreed to teaching you more about your magic alongside Loki and after a week and a half we will see where you are and await the Crucibles arrival." I look at Odin and give him a smile.

"Sounds fine with me, I realise it has to happen. I've come to terms with it." He nods before rising to his feet and taking a leave indicating that was all that needed to eb discussed on his behalf, Thor leaving with him.

"Y/n, we can start today if you are up for it." 

"Sure, why not." she nods with a smile before standing.

"Wonderful, see me in the library after lunch, the both of you." I nod before she walks out the door and I finish my mouthful going to leave myself.

"Wait." I sigh and stop but I don't face him.

"You had no right to dot hat yesterday." this sentence angers me to the core but I understand too.

"It was on impulse, believe me I regret it now. Just forget it happened." I turn to look at him back to normal with his stone cold expression but I could see the conflict in his eyes.

"I will." I nod with a pang of hurt in my chest before leaving the room and deciding to head to the training grounds, a place I knew well back on Earth and somewhere I used as my emotional release frequently.

Once I get there I spit Lady Sif in a spar with Fandral so I just sit and watch them go back and forth with similar strength and precision, they moved gracefully it was wonderful to watch as their swords collided. Pretty soon the fight was over and Lady Sif has won tremendously, earning congratulations from the warriors including Thor but out of nowhere Loki shows up and I watch him join their light conversation before I hear him call for someone to spar with.

"I'll spar." I exclaim earning their attention so I made my way over and grabbed a longsword from the side swinging it in my hands for a moment before feeling completely comfortable.

"Shall we?" I gesture to the open area to which we both walk over to and ready our stances.

"Fight." As soon as that word was said I fuel my anger into a swing at his head which he gracefully blocked with his own sword, then I went for another pretty soon falling into an attacking position while he defended 95% of the time. I had so much anger and sadness to let loose and this was the best I could think of, I was upset he had been so cold to me and I was angry all he had to say was 'I had no right' to only now treat me like a stranger. I was left alone again and it was his fault, he was one to blame but the worst part was I couldn't hate him much like Hydra. Without realising my swings got stronger and faster, I hadn't seen him struggling slightly to defend himself or the slight fear in hos eyes but I kept going and going before he tripped backwards and landed on his ass, I stopped for a moment to look down at him and see light pain etched onto his face with shock.

I don't say anything as I watch Loki go to stand but winces as he places his left ankle down. I had caused that, I never meant to hurt him.

"Loki. Are you alright?" I try to ask and reach for him but he stops me.

"I'm fine. Well done." I say nothing as he limps away no doubt to do something about it for himself, I face the other 5 before handing Sif the sword and saying I must get to lunch. As I walked to the small dining room and grab a bite to eat I can't help but be ashamed of my petty actions, I cared for Loki and never wanted to hurt him even if he had hurt me but I did and he didn't even want to have my help. I got up and headed to library where I saw Frigga stood waiting and Loki sat down with a bandaged ankle.

"Now you're here should we start?" I sigh but nod anyway and began the lost awkward and uncomfortable session I had ever had with Loki.