13

~Y/n's POV~

It had reached the end of the first week rather quickly, the training was going well and we had only 4 more days left before we decided what to do about the situation. As always Loki was the only one who could really help teach me anything, Frigga was a huge help as well but most of the time was physically using my power it was down to Loki to help but the tension was ridiculous. I could tell Frigga knew something had happened but she never pestered or tried to find out so all I did was ignore everything to do with Loki, we were currently in the library again and today we were going to attempt sending a shock wave of my own accord I was completely and utterly terrified of what would happen but know I had no choice.

"Hello." I had just entered the room, Loki's foot had healed finally so he was stood beside his mother this time.

"Hello y/n, ready?" I take a breath and walk towards the middle after having removed the bands, we were still cautious about having subconscious control but it was getting there.

"Yeah, I think so." she nods before making her and Loki stand further away, we were going to attempt me creating a shockwave withing a 5ft radius but if anything went wrong Frigga and Loki both had magic to protect themselves with.

"Alright, start by letting the power flow through your body." I nod before letting my power spread and fuel my veins, by now this task was pretty easy to do; I had more control, focus and I relied on Loki less. Pretty soon my body was consumed in a glow.

"Now, repeat to yourself what you want to do in your head and imagine it." I listen to Loki's words and imagine a shock wave large and powerful enough to blast anything 5ft from me, I kept repeatedly picturing this and telling myself no more than 5ft.

"Now let your power go, let it take effect." I breath and close my eyes before letting my walls down and giving my power the permission it needs to leave my body, as I did so I feel it all push to the surface of my skin as my glow gets brighter and all at once in a flash it escapes but I don't watch. 

"You did it!" I open my eyes to see the other two completely safe and the ground burnt around me in an exact 5ft radius, this sight brought a smile to my face I had been able to cause that off of my own accord without harm or trouble.

"Now that you've gained more control tasks like this will seem more doable." I nod in understanding as I continued to look at the burnt circle on the ground.

"Well today's session must be cut short, we must prepare for the festivities this evening." I look at her with a confused look.

"Today is the annual celebration of the King's coronation, we celebrate every year." I make an 'oh' shape with my mouth before letting her go and I turn to the library bookcase walls it was much larger than the one back home, it had much grander structure too. As I walk over to the bookcase I run my fingers along the older spines of books noticing how different the literature was here, there was so much to chose from and I had read almost all the books from my personal quarters but I wanted something new.

"You can't read a book without picking one up." I stop in my tracks to Loki's voice, he had said the same thing to when we were first in a library and I was doing the exact same thing so I play along.

"I know, I was just admiring it all." except this time I don't turn around at all, we had barley spoken in the past week since that event and I had expected Loki to never go back to being normal with me again, it was hard letting it be because I was in a foreign place with knowing no one not to mention I haven't slept at all since arriving.

"It doesn't take long to admire, browse and chose a book." I smile slightly at the fact he remembered everything about the day in the library, so I decided to go for it.