29

~Y/n's POV~

"Y/n! It is amazing to see you again!" I smiled brightly at seeing all the Avengers dressed more appropriately for Asgard and it's events, Wanda and Nat were the first to greet me and give me a hug I tried my hardest to keep a smile on my face and not show pain but I knew it would be hard.

"It is wonderful to see you all as well." when I had come over I did stand beside Loki but he hadn't wrapped an arm around my waist like he usually would which brought a little sadness to me, and our bond wasn't helping.

"You look incredible! And Thor has told us that you saved the galaxy pretty much." 

"That's impressive whispey." I smile warmly at Tony, I had missed him greatly.

"Thanks Tincan." we all drifted into easy conversation as people danced but Thor and Jane were nowhere to be seen until everyone's attention was captured by the King and Queen.

"Good evening all, let us congratulate Prince Thor and soon to be Princess Jane on their engagement." cheers erupted through the air as they finally showed their faces looking as stunning and meant for each other as ever, they were glued to one another's side as they were welcomed by people and thanked them being completely and utterly cuddly and in love with one another it only made me wonder how they would act on their wedding day.

"They do look happy." I hum in agreement with Nat before people cleared space for them to dance and they started dancing until the King and Queen had joined them, that meant his was a royal showing and I wasn't sure what me and Loki would be doing. Until he grabbed my hand and began to walk us towards the four onto the dance floor and we joined the dance, a grimace took place on my features this was going to be a lot of movement for me.

"What's wrong, thought you were sick of being treated helpless." I sigh knowing he was going to make a comment and he hadn't looked at me once.

"Loki, please I am sorry I just meant that it was getting tiring being doted on. Can we not do this here." I try to ask him as I focus on supressing the pain my body was being put through.

"Fine." we continued to dance for the royal showing and it felt like forever as Loki guided me across the floor in a semi-quick rhythm till pretty soon it was too much and my footing gave way slightly but Loki caught me and kept me dancing, I was so ashamed I looked down at our feet.

"Dove, are you alright?" I hum trying really hard not to give anything away before hearing a sigh and his warm breath hit my neck.

"Let me take your weight please, I'm stubborn but I am not this stubborn I still care for you and don't want you to be in pain, please." I nod gently before letting Loki practically carry me through the dance but it didn't look that way to others around us, and I gave in to letting my head fall to rest on his shoulder with a deep sigh of relief.

"Better?"

"Yes thank you." we continued to do the dance before it was about to finish.

"Dove, you have to curtsey now." I nod before standing back on my own weight as the music ended and the women curtseyed while the men bowed and kissed their hands, once that was done Loki finally wrapped an arm around my waist and guided me back to the Avengers who all had shocked expressions.

"Jeez that was like something out of a movie." we laugh a little before Jane and Thor make their way over earning a chorus of congratulations and compliments, as we let them talk Loki's other arm wrapped around the other side of my waist pulling me back to lean against him.

"I am sorry for being petty."

"I am sorry for getting frustrated and a little shouty." a light kiss was pressed to the side of my head brining a smile to my face but I was already incredibly tired until four people made their way to us.

"Ah, Avegners please meet Lady Sif and the warriors three the finest warriors Asgard has ever seen." they all greet the four and they do the same when they congratulate the engaged couple before Sif turned to me.

"Y/n, would you like to walk with me for a moment." I smile before agreeing and told the others I would be back, I let Sif lead me towards the garden where she immediately sits me on a bench and I give a relieved groan as Sif chuckled.

"I gathered you needed a moment, I noticed you lose your stepping." 

"Thank you so much Sif, this is incredibly hard." she gives me a sympathetic look as she lets me sit and rest my body for a good moment.

"You know what you did was incredibly noble and impressive, I never got to thank or congratulate you." I wave her off with a smile.

"You don't need to while I did it for everyone I also did it for myself." she nodded in understanding before another song started and Sif stood to her feet again.

"Come on we can't hide here forever." I grab her hand as we walked back to the others who were still laughing and talking of course Fandral was trying to make his moves on Wanda, Nat and Pepper so I join Loki's side and face Fandral.

"Fandral, you realise Pepper is married, Wanda is dating a robot and Nat is a badass that would beat your ass in a second." at this Fandral flicks his looks between me and the other three before swallowing a lump and finally backing off of the women who give me grateful looks. The night went on filled with laughter and everyone catching up Thor's Asgardian friends and Midgardian friends getting along splendidly with one another, Jane spending a lot of her time with her science group until eventually we had all formed our own little circle ignoring the celebrations going on around us. Of course Thor and Jane left every so often to make their way around the room and dance but they always looked much happier surrounded by their friends and families, Thor's parents joined us a few times being quite happy Midgardians were here and had worked with their sons.

All was going well until it was early next morning and some of the men were a little drunk including Loki while us women stood watching quite amused, I was struggling greatly at this point but everyone was giving a free pass to do nothing tomorrow. Currently the men were all laughing loudly drawing quite the attention before Thor had fallen over brining the rest with him bursting into even louder laughter somehow, us girls shared one look and knew it was time to stop this.

"Alright boys, that's enough come on." we helped all of them up, I went to Loki and once I helped him up he leant on my shoulder adding more pressure to the pain but I did not mind, I didn't want to stop him from having his fun just because of me.

"You're pretty." I blush but wince at the smell of alcohol on Loki's breath as I held him.

"Thank you but come on we should get to bed." the others had already managed to head off to their quarters but Loki and me were still here.

"Do we have to?" it was adorable how much of a child he became in these states.

"Yes, come on." he gives in and lets me start to walk him from the room, the limp being a lot worse but luckily our quarters wasn't so far away. During the walk trying to remain standing and help Loki was a challenge but somehow we made it to our quarters where I walked him to the bed that he fell onto as I immediately sat on the edge, I took a moment before looking at Loki and seeing that I couldn't leave him in this state so I got up to my dismay and began to take off his boots, then his cape and chest plate him practically being out of it at this point. I then removed the under shirt and finally his pants before eventually getting him into his favourite pair of joggers and struggling to get him under the sheets of our bed but eventually I achieve just that before removing my own dress with struggle.

Eventually getting it off I grab the closest thing to me being Loki's flowy green shirt he usually wore when he stayed in our room for the day, it was one of my favourites to wear to bed practically being our shirt now so I chucked that on and limped over to the bed and got in beside Loki.

I sighed in relief before feeling a strong arm drape over me and pull me into a strong cool chest, and I drifted off into a peaceful slumber filled sleep.