1

(WARNING: allusions to rape)

~Y/n's POV~

I had been running for hours. The forest and deep snow still consuming my vision. Tiredness jn me grew more and more but I wouldn't give up. I couldn't. They would only capture me again and experiment on me. I had been captive most of my life at least that's all I can remember, I had no knowledge of where I came from, what person I was or how old I was I just knew my name. Y/f/n Y/l/n. I knew I was an adult that much was clear from how I looked and the maturity level I had gained, most acquired through my horrid times at that despicable place but the basic maturity that came with age. I did not know where I was running to but I knew I had to get as far away as possible, my right hand was clasped tightly over my abdomen to prevent anymore blood from seeping through. In my escape I had been shot twice close together in my abdomen and the pain was beginning to become unbsreable with the adrenaline wearing off, but I had to run.

After another hour of forest a view of lights glowed straight ahead from me, it was winter. Early December. The closer I got to the lights the sooner I realised it was a large city suggesting I was in a well known area, so I looked for signs to hint at any idea of where I was. As my eyes scanned the boards all around one name stood out, Washington. I was in America. Now I knew of my location I slowed my pace and decided to put my training to use and blend with the crowd, I used my agility to grab a few clothing items from street vendors along the way without getting caught and quickly dressed inconspicuously as I walked, pretty soon I was completely changed and had put on a cap while stuffing my hair inside as it was one feature that stood out.

As I walked with nowhere in particular to go the pain in my abdomen grew and I knew I was losing blood but I couldn't let the large crowds know I had been shot. It would give too much away. Deciding to stop at the edge of an alley to think over my option I was able to hold my abdomen once more and breath through the pain.

Washington was too close to the forest meaning it wouldn't be long before men were sent here and I was in no real condition to fight and run again. Therefore I needed a quick ticket out of here and the best place to head was further north to one of the larger cities, New York. I didn't know where in New York but I had to go somewhere, the busiest part but I would figure that out when I got closer to it first of all I needed a car. I also need food, drinks and bandages as it was a long journey and I hadn't eaten anything for 7 weeks this meant I struggled to eat large amounts but i still needed something. For energy. I scanned my surrounding before seeing a corner shop across from me so I beeline straight for there wasting no time, I had no money which meant I had to shop lift which shouldn't be an issue however in order to pull it off I needed a bag. So as I walked toward the shop I gracefully grabbed a bag pack from another street vendor and swinging it over my shoulder lossening the strap as to have it drop down close to my side where I unzipped it slightly, just enough to stuff items in there without issue. As I walked in everyone went about their day while I walked the Isle that held water bottles grabbing 2 I quickly and carefully slid them into the bag still cting as though I was browsing. Then as I walked past the end of the Isle I stuffed a sandwich and bag of crisps in the bag being careful to not make a noise before heading down the medical Isle where I grabbed a box of bandages and antiseptic wipse into the bag before walking past the counter and shaking my head.

"Didn't find what you were looking for?" I stop and look toward the shopkeeper who had a simple smile which I returned.

"No. I thought you'd have a specific treat of mine I enjoy but you don't." She nodded.

"What about the medicine Isle?" I took a breath before giving a slightly sad smile.

"My mother is suffering from an illness that needs prescribed medicine but it costs too much for us to handle as of right now I was hoping you had soemthing that would suffice but no luck." She gave me a sympathetic smile.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you find soemthing." I nod I thanks before leaving the shop in search of my mode of transport. As I walk the street I try to spot the most common car thar wasn't too run down to be skeptical bur wasn't too high end to make it seem needy. I set my eyes on a slightly run down, old blue volvo. It was the perfect car, I walk towards it slowly in hopes the people towards this end would walk away giving me room to steal the car. Once I make it to the car I place my palm on the door before a click goes of and I open the door and get in quickly.

I know there woukd be a spare car key kept in here, most people do. So I search for one before finding it in a compartment and start the car, driving off immediately in the direction of New York. As I drive I eat parts of the sandwich and drink half a bottle of water before after an hour coming to a stop at a gas station not needing gas but to patch myself up best I could. I walk into the gas station and head for the disabled toilet, locking myself in and open my jacket and pull of my shirt to see two wounds still bleeding, I was getting tired and in pain but I had handled worse for longer. So I begin to clean the wounds with the wipes, not caring much for the deep stinging sensation being created and throw the wipes away once done. Then I tightly wrap bandages around my abdomen before ripping it and tithing it securely, once satisfied I out my clothes back on and clean everything away before exiting the station and getting back on the road again. I was 3 hours away from New York, I had decided in Manhatten it was busy hut not too busy as yo draw attention to myself and there would be a few alley ways I could hide myself in for a while.

Pretty soon 3 hours had passed and I had made it to Manhatten on the outskirts where I park the car and leave it there with the key, I knew I would not use it again so there was no need to keep the key. I wonder the streets for a while scanning the area for any hostility before coming across one alley that was out of the way and more worn down, I make my way further in and sit myself against a corner finally resting my body properly. I suddenly felt the tiredness wash over me but a sound caught my attention, I got into a defensive stance quickly staring at where the noise had originated from.

"Hey pretty thing, what's a girl like you doing in a place like this." A bored man walks out of the shadows and immediately I knew his intentions weren't good but I remained silent until I see 5 more men join him all with snarky smiles on their faces, they weren't going to let me go easily.

"Leave me be." I state to them earning a laugh as the man from before begins to approach me, he was going to touch me. Have fun with me. That thought sent terror wracking through my body, everytime I was touched I unintentionally hurt people it was never my fault but that power scared me. That's when I woukd get knocked out and wake up to find blood between my thighs.

I watched as the man got closer and closer.

"Don't. You don't want to come near me." I tried to warn him but he just laughed.

"I think I do." Before I could saying anything his hand touches my arm and a huge shock wave of gold and black sparks blasts everyone from their positions. I groan as I sit up from the blast to see all the men laying on the floor with black lines coating their bodies almost as if they had been partially burnt or given a terrible illness. I knew they were dead. I was always the one to survive, whoever was on the receiving end was the less fortunate. Being unable to move and the blast draining my energy I use what energy I have left to drag myself back over to the wall before I pass out completely, exhaustion finally winning.