18

~Y/n's POV~

"Alright we'll land 750 feet from the border of the base. Wanda, Sam, Tony and Vision will attack from the air and take care of anything that may happen airborne. The rest of us will handle everything on the ground but everyone must keep their eyes peeled for an entrance in case Tony cannot find one." I take in this information, everyone was sat in the Quinjet ready to land in 5 minutes this was my first mission with the group and I didn't want to fuck up or go to far with my ability.

"Alright, landing now." Clint calls from the front and just before we let open the hatch door I feel a cool hand grab my arm and I knew immediately it was Loki, so turn and let him talk.

"Please be careful and don't overwork yourself." It was sweet to see him worried over me so I smiled and placed a soft hand on his cheek which sends a slight shiver through him at the contrasting heat but he leans into it.

"I will be fine and careful, you must be too." he nods against my hand before I let go and turn to the opening door and we all exited and headed towards the border, closer and closer until as soon as we made it to the border all hell broke lose. Gunfire was raining down on us from every direction as we cleared the area as much as possible trying to get closer and closer to the base, the air was being covered by the four flyers as the rest of us took care of the ground. Currently, I was getting into the swing of using my power on impulse decisions so I tried to aid the others more so than get into a proper fight right away I didn't want to admit it but most of my focus subconsciously went to Loki of course it would.

I watched Natasha twist and move with grace killing them off one by one, Steve used precision and calculated moves much like Bucky, the Hulk smashed perfectly, and Loki used agility and sly skill with his gorgeous green magic to trick and take down his opponents. They all clearly had so much more ability in fighting opponents and all of my ability came from life at Hydra now I was fighting them and all of a sudden my once calm and helpful decisions, turned into fuelled rage to these men and soon my power became more powerful and forceful taking down more and more.

"Cap, we got an entrance on the west far corner of the building." I hear Tony come through in the comms. 

"Alright, we'll finish up out here and head there immediately." Cap responded which let us all know exactly what to do. I let gold whisps fly from my hands and drag, launch, throw and beat any one that came in my way while the black sparks targeted, consumed and sickened every man my gold whisps couldn't reach. I was immune to the drop dead looks of men like this no thanks to these men, innocent men terrified me but now I knew my power it was more hatred at myself for those such acts but I was on a complete high of revenge right now and not too much later we reached the last 5 men.

"Natasha, look out!" I yell in desperation before firing a orb at a man with a knife inches away from her but soon he dropped right at her feet as she turned to see him.

"Thanks, think that's all of them." we all stood taking a few deep breaths before heading for the west side far corner where we met up with the other four.

"Alright, stay alert we go in gather intel and get out." we all nod at Steve's words before heading in and began walking the halls, the familiar feeling sent shivers through my body it was unsettling feeling until we heard faint noise come from behind two steel double doors to which we all nodded and burst through the door only to be met with a vacant lab. But the more I looked around the more I began to recognise this place, this was my lab, my torture chamber and that chair was my chair I spent hours being prodded and poked in that chair slowly becoming more and more insane until I got to escape.

"Y/n!" I jump at the loud voice to which I snap my eyes to Tony's immediately, he gives me a confused look but I watched the realisation take over his features and make his way towards me.

"Y/n, you're not going to get tested on. You're here with us, the Avengers and we're not going to hurt you." I take deep breaks completely listening and focussing on Tony as he edged closer and closer.

"Just breath, I understand this is hard but we're here for you every step." at the end of his sentence he wraps me in a close and careful hug as I replicate his breathing and in just a few seconds I am perfectly fine, pull away and give Tony a smile.

"Thanks, sorry guys." I shyly state to everyone on the room but they all wave me off and give me sympathetic smiles before we all started looking around the room, mainly the others did as I stood further away and watched with Loki keeping a not so sly eye on me.

"Well I've downloaded their entire data base, I think we should head out now." Natasha calls to us all, all of a sudden as we began walking back out more gunfire took place and we all tried to protect ourselves I was starting to push my power and I knew it was risky but I had no other choice. 

"Guys, they keep coming we should just go!" Wanda calls and I look around to realise she was right we would only delay them not take them down, so I decided to do one final push of my power and put up a forcefield the size of the hall we were in between us and the men.

"Y/n! You're pushing your power, you have to let it down!" I look to Loki with a strained smile.

"I've given us a chance to run, I'll be fine. Go!" At those words I catch a glimpse of him anxiously pushing his hair back before moving with the others as I start to move backwards trying my hardest to keep them from getting through, the closer I got to the entrance the harder it got so I looked to the side of my forcefield to notice the cracks in the wall and decided to force all my energy into the forcefield watching it pulse more and more before finally bursting and sending a wave of energy large enough to make the hall collapse around it completely blocking in those men. However, before I could even turn my body gave way and collapsed to the ground darkness consuming my vision completely.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Loki's POV~

"Well, now we know she does have a limit." Sam states, we were currently all stationed around Y/n's bed in the med lab which was purposely made spacious for this specific reason. I was closest to her sat in a chair by her head while Tony was second on the other side then Bruce, then Wanda while the rest remained at a slight distance.

"Sam, that's insensitive." I wasn't paying much mind to the conversation, seeing her lying there motionless pained me to see more than anyone would think but it did. 

"Sorry, this felt too quiet and we barley know the girl. Well some of us barley know the girl." I hear a slap and knew Natasha had probably slapped Sam which I was actually quite thankful for, Y/n was completely out and could be a while till she woke up and I had just been given job role of watching over my Father play role of King. I couldn't be gone for more than a day which meant I couldn't stay with her but nor could she be moved to Asgard either, it pained me mentally and physically realistically I could stay for one more night and day but she wouldn't even wake by then.

"I have to return to Asgard tomorrow evening, I don't want to but it isn't up to me. But I want you all to keep watch over her and as soon as she is awake you will tell her of why I am not here and that I am sorry." I give a glance to the others, I wanted them to take me seriously for once and do this for me.

"We understand Loki, we'll keep her safe you have no need to worry." I nod at Wanda's caring words, she never seemed to judge me.

"Loki, if you want you can stay in here for the remainder of your time and we'll give you space until you leave." I look from Bruce to Y/n and back to Bruce.

"That would be preferable." he nods before everyone ushers from the room and that's what I did for my remaindering time, I spent every moment with her completely before I bid my goodbye and left back for Asgard getting back on the same day me and her had left to which I explained everything to my family to which they understood and wished she got better.